Chapter 10

Her weekend was great, no, scratch that, it was awesome. They even get to watch a Broadway musical with Emma.

Finding herself staring at the fellow students in the cafeteria, she couldn't help but feel the sadness inside.

She was dreading to go back home, to her normal life. But also she's hates being away from Lena. Having her around, being beside her, it was very easy. But it was all so confusing.

Sometimes, Lena acts all flirty that she couldn't tell if she was serious or not. Then its followed by an awkward silence and her being distant. She misses her badly, but the feeling of uncertainty was so scary.

"Kara!" she felt a nudge on her shoulder. She looks up and saw Monel. Relief brought a smile to her lips when Monel sat down next to her.

The way his one dimple crinkles. The way his teeth are perfectly aligned. The warm glow of his happiness. Monel, he was safe. Uncomplicated. Maybe its time to give him a chance.

"How was New York?" he asked, placing down his varsity jacket on the table.

"It was amazing. How about you, how was your weekend?"

"Mostly caught up in practice. Hey, I was thinking, we should grab a coffee sometime." a hopeful smile painted on his lips.

"Are you asking me out ?" Kara wanted to be clear. She felt flattered.

"Yes, I am," he replied.

She caught a glimpse of Lena walking towards their table. She briefly forgot about Monel.

Her hair tied in a ponytail, wearing a white blouse and black high waisted pants. Her crimson lips striking.

"Kara?"

He stares back at Monel who was anxiously waiting for his answer. She took a deep breath and try hard to bury her thoughts about her friend. She must face reality.

"Yes, sure. After class."

Monel was beaming. "I'll see you later then." he picked up his things and gave her a dreamy smile before he left.

"Was that Monel?" she heard Lena said as she sat opposite her.

"Huh? Yes. You know him?"

" A friend of Winn."

"Oh, he just asked me out for a date." trying to see any reactions from the other girl. But Lena was staring down at her phone.

"You said yes." she looks up, waiting for her answer.

"How did you know?"

Lena shrugged her shoulder. "I mean, he's good looking, nice, filthy rich but down to earth, that's according to Winn. Why wouldn't you? A perfect match." Lena smile but it didn't reach her eyes.

"But she's not you." but it's all in Kara's mind. She couldn't say it to Lena, it felt wrong to say it. She felt guilty for the other girl see's her as a friend. She treated her kindly and harboring this feeling for her would be wrong.

Lena rose up quickly which caught Kara off guard. "Where are you going?" knowing they still have time before their next class.

"I forgot about this thing I have to do with Winn."

"I'll go with you." Kara starts to clear her things but Lena stopped her.

"No, it's fine. I'll see you in class." Lena hurriedly walked out of the building, leaving Kara confused and dumbfounded with the other girl's action.

She wished she hadn't been so surprised that she had let her leave.