Chapter 16

Kara found Lena sat at the corner of the room. She was smiling as she types something on her phone.

She hurriedly sat beside her and saw she was texting someone that she didn't even notice her presence.

"Kara!" she said in surprise as she hid her phone away.

"Hi!" she tries to hide her confusion by Lena's action.

"I'm sorry I forgot to call you the other night."

"Oh..pshhh... It's alright. You're safe and sound, I mean you're here right."

"Right..."

"So I was thinking we should try this new cafe in town, they said the cinnamon bun there is to die for."

"I've got this thing after class.." Lena looked away.

"Oh... Yes right, family business?" hoping that it was.

"No, it's a... I have a date actually."

Kara felt a sharp pain in her chest, confused about why she was feeling it but it was there.

"Oh wow! That's amazing! Who is she or he? No judgments." her voice shakes, trying to hide the pain in her smile.

Lena's mouth is agape. "You saw?!"

"I did.. Why didn't you tell me?" there was hurt in her voice.

"I'm sorry. I was afraid that it's gonna be an issue. I was afraid to lose you if you found out that I'm gay.."

Kara stared at Lena and saw the sadness in her eyes. So she took her hand and squeezed it gently. The other girl looked back at her.

"Lena... I will always be here for you."
They stayed like that for a while until Kara realized that shes holding unto Lena's hand for some time that she quickly pulled her hand away.

"So, who's the lucky girl?"

"Its Villanelle, you know..."

"Yeah, the girl from the bar.."

"I met her in the library actually, the other day before we celebrated your birthday.."

"Oh...wow. She goes here?"

"Yes."

Kara awkwardly fiddled with her pencil. "She seemed friendly."

Lena stared at the other girl who immediately looks away from her.

"Uhummm.."

"Do you like her?" she needs to know.

It took a while before she replied. "I do. She's different."

"Different how?"

"I don't know.. She sweet and something else."

"Huh...alright."

"Yah.." Lena awkwardly flipped her notes.

"Please be careful," Kara said.

"Why?"

"I don't want to see you get hurt. Okay?"

Lena wanted to say it... She wanted to say "Funny that you're the reason why I'm hurting.." but the reality was bitter and she had to face that. So she smiled and try to hide her feelings away.

"Okay."

"Okay..." Kara whispered.