Chapter 21

Lena stared at her watch. She then looked out the glass window and saw a couple having their moments just right outside.

She smiled when she thought about Kara. 

A bouquet of roses blocked her view waking her up from her daydream. She turned and saw Villanelle smiling softly at her. 

Guilt was suddenly consuming every part of her. She took the roses, thanking the girl before placing it gently on the table. Villanelle kissed her cheek before she sat in front of her.

"Sorry I'm late, my meeting took longer than I expected."

Lena gazed down at the roses before she looked back at the brunette in front of her.

She saw the smile in the girl's lips fades and watch as sadness looms in her eyes. 

She saw Villanelle pursed her lips before a heavy sighed escaped it.

"You're dumping me."  the girl's eyebrow was pulled together. 

Lena looked away. 

Villanelle smiled but it didn't reach her eyes. "It's Kara right?" 

She didn't know what to say because the girl was right. 

"It'll always be her. Well ... that sucks." 

"Aren't you mad at me?" she finally found her voice. When she saw Villanelle's face she wanted to cry. 

But the girl stared at her kindly. "I like you Lena, but I won't push myself to someone who's heart will never be mine." 

"I'm sorry." 

She saw the brunette girl stood up. "Yeah, me too." 

Villanelle was about to walk away but Lena took a hold of her wrist. She looked down and frowned when she saw the girl's sad green eyes. 

"Please, don't disappear." 

"You're being selfish Lena....." 

She saw Lena close her eyes tight before pulling her hand close to her chest. 

"I'm sorry. I still want you in my life." 

"But only as a friend..." Villanelle tried to hold the tears from falling from her eyes. 

Lena didn't say anything.  She opened her eyes and decided to finally let her go. 

She drops her eyes on the floor, unable to watch Villanelle walk away. 

But then she was surprised when the brunette girl kneeled down in front of her. 

Villanelle lifted her chin until she was staring back at her. 

"I won't disappear. I'll stay, even if it hurts. But, you have to give me time. Can you do that for me?" Villanelle waited for her to reply. 

Lena slowly nods her head. "Promise you'll come back?" 

"I promise to move on and come back." 

Lena pulled Villanelle into a hug. 

She like Villanelle, maybe if she met the girl first she might have chosen her. But Kara was the love of her life. Kara was the only one who made her feel loved and happy. 

She wished for Villanelle to find the one who will love her whole. She deserves to be loved, it's just sad that it was not her.