Chapter 22

Kara turned her laptop off when she was done with her essay. She took her phone from the bedside table and immediately felt the butterflies in her stomach when she saw Lena's name appeared on her phone screen. 

The message was sent an hour ago. She glanced at her alarm clock and saw that it was almost midnight. 

She turned her attention back to her phone and her smile turned wide when she opened Lena's message. 

"I miss you." 

Her fingers quickly type in a reply. She was feeling gooey inside. 

"I miss you too..." 

A few seconds later her phone started to ring. 

She bit her lips and pressed the green button on the screen. 

"Hi..." she murmured. 

"Hi....." she heard Lena say at the end of the line. 

"What are you doing?" Lena asked. God, how she misses her voice. 

"Just lie down on my bed, talking to you. You? What are you doing?" she asked. 

"I'm missing you. Wishing you'll allow me to hug you tight, cuddle with you until we fall asleep." 

Kara blushed, feeling silly at how affected and the whip she was for her. 

"I'm serious. Lena..."

"So am I." she heard the green-eyed girl chuckled softly. 

"What are you doing really?" Kara asked. 

"I'm outside your bedroom door."

"Lena, stop." she shook her head in disbelief.

"What?"

"You're unbelievable." she scoffed. 

"Kara, open the door."

Her eyes widened when she heard a soft knock against her bedroom door.  She quickly stood up and felt her hand shaking as she turned the knob. 

She opens the door wide and saw Lena smiling with her phone in her ear. 

She placed her phone down and watch the girl do the same. 

"What are you doing here?" still unable to process that Lena was there, standing right in front of her. 

"Alex let me in. She left me here after she told me that this is your room and then she went there."

Lena pointed at the room at the end of the hall. 

"That's her room, but, I mean... what are you doing here?" 

"I told you, I want to be with you tonight. Is this too much? Should I go?" Lena was suddenly in doubt. 

"No! No. I mean to come here." Kara pulled Lena inside her room and then close the door. She walked to her closet to get the girl some clothes she can change to. She passed her grey pullover shirt and black shorts to Lena. 

"You can change in there. There's also a new toothbrush behind the mirror." Kara pointed at the bathroom before she went back to her bed. She pulled the comforter to cover her legs as she leaned her back against the headboard.  She watched as the green-eyed girl went inside. 

She was excited and at the same time nervous. It's only been a day since they last saw each other but she couldn't get enough of her. 

She was not sure how long she was daydreaming about her but when the bathroom door opened and revealed Lena in those clothes, Kara's jaw fell. 

Lena looks so seductive with her hair down, Kara's eyes almost popped from her head. 

The girl looked at her way and the corner of her eyes crinkled with a smile.

Lena lay down beside her, slipping her arm under her and drawing her close. Kara hugged her tightly, her head resting on the green-eyed girl's chest. 

"Where have you been?" the blonde girl asked. 

"I've met with Villanelle," Lena said and immediately felt Kara's body stiffened. 

"What happened?" Kara tried not to sound worried but the sudden pain in her chest was making it hard.

"We decided to be friends. I told her about us. Well, more of confirmed what she already knows." 

She felt her doubts resolves instantly upon hearing it. She nestled her head at the crook of Lena's neck.

"How can you choose me?" she asked.

"What do you mean?"

"She's beautiful, smart, rich... Basically, she's the epitome of perfection."

"But she's not you."

Kara felt her heart swell when she heard Lena say that. 

"I love you." Lena heard Kara whispered. The green-eyed girl kissed the top of the blonde's head. 

"I love you too."