Chapter 19

Lena taps her pen on the table. She was staring at the spreadsheet in front of her for quite some time now.

There was a knock on her office door. She looked up when it open and saw Emma standing there with a huge smile on her face.

"Emma! This is a nice surprise. What are you doing here?" she stood up and hugged the other girl.

"There was a charity event in your area so I decided to drop by?"

"Please have a sit. Do you want some tea?"

"Oh no, I think I had enough of my caffeine fix for today. So? How are you? I've heard you're dating now."

"Who told you that? Let me guess... Its  Jess is it?"

Emma laughs. "Yes, so you and Kara are dating now, right? I like her."

Lena gave a sad smile. "I like her too, but no, it's not Kara."

"Oh...Hmm. Okay. Who is it then?"

Lena contemplated for a while. "Villanelle."

"Hmmm... Her name sounds familiar. Wait, don't tell me it's Villanelle the only child of fashion mogul Villanelle??"

Lena nods.

"Oh wow. Wow... How did you meet her?"

"At the school library. Well, technically it was one of my mother's charity events."

"And do you like this girl?"

"Well, she makes me laugh. She's very beautiful. She made me feel... adored and special I guess. "

Emma nods her head. "Ahuh... How about Kara?"

There was a sad smile on her face. "Well, me and Kara. It won't happen ever. There's nothing more to it but friendship. She'll never fall for someone like me."

Emma held her hand and squeeze it lightly. "Lena, I'm pretty sure Kara likes you. I saw the way she looks at you. The way her smile and her eyes brighten whenever you're around. Maybe, she's just afraid to tell you that. And Lena, you're one of the kindest, generous, and smartest girl I've ever met. Anyone will be lucky to be loved by you."

"I'm not in love with Kara..." Lena looked away.

"Really, look me in the eyes and say it again."

But she couldn't. Villanelle was great, but Kara... Kara made her feel so much more.

"What should I do Emma? I'm really confused...."

"I know it's hard, but you should tell Kara how you feel about her. If she feels the same way, then be honest with Villanelle as well. And if Kara doesn't like you like that, if she's really your friend she'll stick around."

"I hate it when you're right." Lena shakes her head in dismay which made the other girl giggled.

"Now, I need you to do me a favor."

"Anything."