The Next Door Bad Boy

I'm Sophie Merlin and I'm from California.

My mom and dad are always working. They go to work at 8:30 (which is right around the time I walk to school because it's only like a couple blocks away) and they come home at 9:25 p.m.

I have social such as Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter.

I want to be a photographer but I'm a little shy.

Some rumors around town has been saying that a new family is moving into the house right next to mine.

I wonder if it's a girl and if she's nice enough to be my friend. Even though I have eight best friends who sleep over my house over the weekends.

I can't wait. It's a Sunday and it's 12:55 am.

My room is big but not too big. It can fit my stuff. My bookshelf, my queen bed, my 60 inch flat screen TV, my dresser with my full body mirror on the back of my door.

My closet, of course comes with the house. My mom said it's like a Forever 21 store in there.

My house has three bedrooms and two bathrooms. One downstairs and one upstairs. A big kitchen, a medium living room, a medium roomed shower and of course, my mom and dad's room. I brush my hair, curl it, brush my teeth and change my clothes. A white t shirt with blue jeans and converses.

I'm just on Instagram chatting with my friend Chloe

I'm just on Instagram chatting with my friend Chloe. She's been my best friend since the 4th grade.

Me: heyy

Chloe: hey so who's the new neighbor??

Me: I don't know yet

Chloe: well text me when you see... I gtg see ya later

Me: kk

I soon hear a car slam closed and see a boy with brown hair and green eyes. Soon followed by a guy who might be his dad with tons of bags. I take this opportunity to help out and introduce myself to the new neighbors.

I walk outside, the breeze hitting my face "Hii," I wave to them.

The man waves back.

"Need help?" I ask.

"Yes, thank you."

"No problem, just helping out by welcoming you all," I smile.

I grab some bags and carry them in the house. Green eyes stare at me intensely while I do so.

After I'm done I introduce myself to green eyes over here "Hey, um I'm Sophie."

"I'm...not in the mood-" his father cuts him off.

"Hey, be nice," he eyes him. He looks at me then continues "Sorry, this is Asher Saunders."

"Nice to meet you," I say testing the waves.

He says nothing. Rude.

His dad sighs "I'm sorry he's normally not like this."

"It's fine. Have a good day," I say.

I walk back into the house and watch TV while eating some hot chips.

I text Chloe.

Me: hey I found out who it is...

Chloe: omg who?

Me: a guy named asher...

Chloe: omg what does he look like...?

Me: brown hair and green eyes...

Chloe: omg you lucky bitch, he seems like the bad boy type...

Me: he seems like he might be going to our school...

Chloe: he's sooo late it's only second semester...

Me: yeah alright I gtg I'll text u later

Chloe: okay and hey, try not to swallow his kids while I'm not there...

Me: ewww, omg chloe your so dirty...I haven't even met the guy yet but while I was helping out he was being a rude dick...

Chloe: uh oh jerry jerry jerry!

Me: this is not jerry springer alright I gtg byeee

With that we stop texting each other for now.

I get a little curios. Why was he being so rude to me? Maybe it's nothing.

Maybe he just needs to warm up to this town. It'll be fine.

Heyyyyyyy
Published on May 29th, 2018
(With love)
,Tia