The After Math

It's sunny and hot as hell outside.

I walk halfway to school when Chloe catches up with me and I realize we haven't spoken in a minute.

"Hey," I say waving.

"Hey, so people have been telling me that you and Asher have been dating. Is it true?"

"No," I lie.

"Sophie, are you being honest with me?"

I take a deep breath in and prepare for the headache she's about to give me "Yes, it is true," I sigh.

"Sophie! What are you thinking?!" She yells loud enough for me to hear her.

"He's not a player as everyone claims him," I say.

"I told you not to talk to him and yet here you are dating him!"

"I'm sorry but you don't understand."

"Shit! I'm gonna kick his ass in eight different ways!" She says walking faster now, trying to get to him in the school.

I block her way "No, he's a good guy. Please Chloe, I promise. Can you just give him a chance?"

"Hell no because if he breaks your heart that's gonna break my heart!"

"Chloe," I plead her with the my puppy face to make her give him a chance.

Five seconds in and she says okay.

She sighs "If you make me regret this I'm gonna kill you both," she says.

"I'll take my chances," I giggle.

Then Asher comes up from behind me and gives me a hug then kisses my cheek "Hey baby," he says in the cutest voice.

I turn around "Hey," then I kiss his lips.

Then suddenly he pulled away from my kiss and I see who has pushed him against the wall.

"Chloe! Stop!" I say.

She looks at me then looks at him and seconds later lets him go "If you break her heart I'll break your face," she warns Asher.

"Leave me baby alone and besides you haven't even gotten to know him," I say as I side hug him and I walk down the hall.

"I don't wanna get to know him," she says.

"Well that's too bad cause your gonna so get use to it," I yarn.

"I was only pretending to be a player because I-" Asher comes in and Sophie interrupts his sentence.

"You aren't allowed to talk idiot," she says.

"Chloe, let him talk," I say.

She sighs "Continue," she tells Asher.

"I was only pretending to be a player because I wanted to make her jealous and I paid a girl to make out with me so she would get jealous," he says to her.

"Really?" She asks.

"Why would I be lying? I even told her and all my friends," he says.

"Oh well then we can start over but no kissing around me," she says to us.

"Okay Ms. SassyPants," I say.

   Lunch

C

hloe lets everyone know so there won't be anymore drama and she invites him to sit with us.

I'm actually proud of her for keeping her cool.