This is why we can't have nice things.

So, firstly, South African needs to be dealt with, in all seriousness.

It's an issue that's been tip-toed around for far too long, especially considering how it's progressing.

We had Jacob Zuma, a President who couldn't even understand how HIV and AIDS worked, let alone count. He was robbing the country of money like it was his job, while neglecting his presidency, his actual job.

It took a while but he was replaced by Cyril Ramaphosa, who is in my opinion a weak ruler. Ramaphosa has recently been bowing to the extremist Julius Malema, who founded his own Party, the EFF (Economic Freedom Fighters) a racial nationalistic and far-left Party. As such the white people of South Africa are being further discriminated against via the removal of legally owned land, with the claim that "They are returning the land to the people". Bullshit.

The people they speak of is the Zulu majority, which is false, as the lands belonged to various other ethnic groups before the Zulu's arrived. If anyone should be receiving land back it should be the Khoi Khoi and the San (Collectively known as the Khoi-San), which I don't see happening.

The sad thing is that while South Africa claims to be a rainbow nation, that is far from the truth. The simple fact is that after Nelson Mandela(May he rest well) left his presidency, the country began to slowly incline towards racism towards the white people of South Africa, which I have experienced in my own lifetime.

I mean my mother, who has served faithfully and dutifully as a Doctor at Baragwanath Hospital for 15 years, was retrenched because she took time (she'd earned) off to get me tended to in order to discover what medical problems I had. The reason she was retrenched, despite being one of the most qualified people there is in part due to her boss' bias against her, part due to the fact that funding is drying up and partly due to affirmative action that helped keep some...Shall we say less then qualified people on staff.

This country honestly disgusts me sometimes, the way that racism, slavery etcetera are taught in schools is so anti-white I find it hard to get into History, my favorite subject, the same goes for Life Orientation. We have a 45 year old man who is such a feminist that he cannot see that men can be targeted for harassment too. I've often found myself correcting him and debating him only for him to use his status as a teacher to cut me off and give me detention.

But, by far the worst thing is the social grant epidemic, yes, I'm referring to it as an epidemic.

Poorer families, usually those living in rural black communities, struggle to make ends meet, so they have a child to get money from the government. Then they have another to gain more money, and then again...and again and again.

This act puts more children into the world who won't have the tools necessary to survive, a disgusting thing by itself, but this act (as well as the HEAVILY increasing population due to it) is draining national funds.

My mother was making forty thousand rand a month, after a 40% tax, which disgusted me and still does.

I'm tired of this country, I really am. I wish I could leave, but I can't. I'm stuck here.