"Hotels Are Kind Of Our Thing"

The Present:

"Are you sure? I mean I know I was asking you to go back with us but I know how unsure you were and I don't want you to feel like you have to go back because I asked you" Brandon says

Amelia and I were standing in Brandon and Zion's hotel room while Rosalee played with her toys on the floor with Zion.

"Trust me when I say this Brandon, but i'm not doing anything because you asked me to" I snap back with attitude.

He breathes in deeply and looks down and I sigh.

"That was rude, I'm sorry. You said you wanted a fresh start and I'm trying, it's just going to take some time" i say and he nods understandingly. "I'm going back for Rosalee, and for Isabella, and maybe even for myself" I answer and look down at Rosalee. She looks up at me and squeals.

"So when are you planning on going back?" Zion asks.

"Honestly, as soon as possible, i'm already nervous about it and I'd rather get it over with sooner so this stress can hopefully go away" I answer sitting on one of the beds.

"I already gave my keys to my employees so I'm ready to go whenever" Amelia says taking a seat next to Rosalee on the floor.

"I think it's really cool that you're going to California for Gabby, it makes you a really good best friend" Zion says making Amelia blush.

"Thank you, I would do anything for her. Kind of in the same sense that you're down here in Wyoming for your best friend" Amelia says and Zion laughs.

"Yeah I guess that's true" he responds.

Brandon pulls out his laptop, lays on the same bed that i'm sitting on and opens it quickly. He lets it boot up before quickly typing in a couple of things. We all wonder what he's doing silently and he eventually turns his screen towards me.

"Just pick your day and time and we'll be on the same one" he says looking up to me.

"If I could I would pick a flight for today, but I know Amelia and I need some time to get our things together so I'm going to pick the one that's three days from now at 12 in the morning." I answer and Brandon nods.

"Why at midnight? The flight takes about 2 and a half hours so we'll get there at about 2 in the morning with the time difference" Zion asks.

"So there will be less people to see Rosalee and Gabby" Brandon answers for me and I look at him with a small smile.

"Yeah that's exactly why" I say looking towards Zion. "Let me call Isabella and see if she can pick us up from the airport" I say quickly standing up and grabbing my phone. I walk over to the hallway while dialing her number and by the time i'm in the hall she answers.

"Hello?"

"Hey Izzy" I say with a small smile.

"Hey Gizzy, what's up? I was wondering when I was going to hear from you again" she says and my heart sinks.

"Sorry sis, it's just been a crazy couple of days and I've been really busy" i say scratching the back of my head, pacing back and forth in front of the door.

"No worries, I understand. Why has it been a crazy couple of days?" she asks.

"Brandon found me and Rosalee, in fact he's here right now" i say quietly.

"Oh Gabby, I'm sorry" she says quietly.

"No it's okay, I was really upset at first but I finally realized that I'm going to have to face him at some point so the sooner the better"

"I'm so proud of you" she says making me smile.

"Actually there's something I wanted to ask you"

"Whats up?"

"I'm coming home Isabella, actually in three days i'll be home. I was wondering if you could pick us up from the airport at around 1:45-2 AM?"

"Oh my gosh! Yes of course I will! I'm so happy that you're coming back! I'll tell Kevin right away" she gushes over the phone making me laugh.

"Okay, thank you! I'll see you soon sis, I love you" i say.

"See you soon mamas, I love you too" Isabella responds before hanging up. 

When I open the door to go back in, I see Brandon standing awkwardly by the door.

"Sorry" he says scratching the back of his head.

"It's okay I actually wanted to talk to you" I say and he steps out in the hallway.

"Amelia can you give me Rosalee?" I yell into the room. Amelia stands up before Zion hands her my daughter from the floor and she walks over to me, handing me my baby. She gives me a sympathetic look before disappearing back into the room, and I close the door.

"What's up?" he asks and I look down at Rosalee.

I breathe in deeply say "Rosalee there's someone I would like you to meet"

Brandon opens his eyes widely once he realizes what i'm doing.

"Gabby it's okay, you don't have to" he says quickly.

"Yes I do" I cut him off. I then proceed to look down at my daughter. "This is your daddy Rosalee, and I know you're probably wondering why you've never met him before, but it's okay. He's here now and he's so excited to meet you, and you deserve to know him" I say and I look up to Brandon again. He looks like he wants to cry. "Be a good girl for him okay? Mommy loves you" I say giving her a kiss on her cheek before handing her off to Brandon.

He looks uncomfortable at first, but it doesn't take him very long to relax.

"Hey Rosalee, I'm your daddy" he says, tears forming in his eyes. I watch them intently tears forming in my own eyes but I quickly wipe them away. "You're so beautiful" he whispers to her. I place my hand over his.

"Brandon, I really am working on forgiving you, it's just going to take some time. But i do believe that Rosalee deserves to know her father, even if her father doesn't deserve to know her." I say quietly. He nods and looks down at Rosalee again and she laughs. "she likes you" I tell Brandon and he smiles.

"Thank you" he says looking at me and I nod.
"You know, hotels are kind of our thing" he says and I look at him confused.

"The first time we ever hung out was at a hotel in New York, and even though the events following weren't great, we conceived this gorgeous girl in a hotel" he says looking at me and I laugh looking down.

"Yeah I guess hotels kind of are our thing" I say leaning over to kiss Rosalee on the cheek.

We stay outside the room for a little while, playing with our little miracle and for the first time, I feel like Rosalee is a part of a little family.