"You're Special Gabby"

I walk backstage with Rosalee in my arms and take a deep breath

I walk backstage with Rosalee in my arms and take a deep breath. I can't believe that just happened. I feel my head spinning and I guess Brandon notices because he grabs Rosalee out of my arms and leads me to a couch sitting me down. 

"I'll grab you a water" Brandon says walking off with our daughter. 

Scott approaches me carefully before sitting next to me on the couch. He grabs my hand and I look up at him. His eyes move rapidly as he searches for something to say. 

"You're the bravest person I know," he says and I smile, looking down at my hands. 

"I wish that were true," I whisper back. 

"I wish there was something I could say to make you believe my words" he says, giving my hand a small squeeze. 

At that moment Brandon walks up and at that moment it feels as though Scott's hand is burning against my skin. I softly pull out of his grasp and I feel him look at me quickly. 

"Here's that water Gabby." Brandon says handing me the water. I silently thank him and take a small sip of the water. 

After a few minutes of awkward silence I slowly stand to my feet. "I think it's time to go home".

Both boys nod and Scott stands to his feet reaching for my hand. I awkwardly pull away before reaching for Rosalee from Brandon's hands. Brandon looks at me confused but quickly wipes the expression from his face and hands Rosalee over. 

Scott clears his throat and steps forward. "Let's go Gabby, I can take you" At that moment Bella walks by. 

"Actually" I say grabbing her hand, "I think I'm just gonna go with my sister." She looks at me with a puzzled look on her face but I shoot her a look and she sends me a silent nod. 

"Yeah, c'mon sis, we have some catching up to do," she says and I thank her with a nod. 

"I'll see you guys at the house," I say to the boys and follow Bella to the car with Rosalee in my arms. 

When I get to the car I hear my name "Gabby!" I turn to see Brandon running at me with Rosalee's carseat. 

"You forgot this," he says with a smile. 

"Oh wow, I can't believe I forgot that, thank you" I say moving aside allowing him to strap the seat to the car. 

"No problem, whatever you forget, I'll remember for you," he says to me before grabbing Rosalee to strap her down. When he buckles her in he kisses her on the head. "See you soon babygirl, daddy loves you" He whispers to her before kissing her again. 

"Thanks for doing that" I say closing the back door walking around to the other side, Brandon following me. 

"Of course, it's the least I could do," Brandon says before opening the door for me. "Besides, if I didn't bring the carseat to you, you would putting our daughter's life in danger, and I couldn't have that" he says winking to me and flashing me his award winning smile. 

"Oh whatever" I say rolling my eyes giving him a small shove making him chuckle. 

"Hey, I wanted to ask you," he says before pausing. "Is everything okay? Y'know, between you and Scott?" he asks with his voice getting smaller towards the end of the sentence. 

I look at the floor. I don't want to look at him because I know that if I look in his eyes I'll cave and tell him everything, starting with me feeling like I might've made a mistake choosing Scott.

"Yeah, everything is fine" I say rubbing the back of my neck. 

"Oh okay, just wanna make sure you're okay" he replies. I can hear the disappointment in his voice. "Well hey, I'll see you at the house," he says running off before I have a chance to reply. I sigh before turning to sit in the car. 

"Everything okay?" Bella asks looking towards me. 

"Everything is just peachy" I say sarcastically while looking out the window. 

-------------------------------------------------

When I walk into the house all the boys are there already. 

"Okay, my turn with the princess" Amelia says before grabbing Rosalee out of my arms and whisking her out of the room with Bella hot on her heels. 

"And my turn with you" Scott says to me leaning in for a kiss, I turn my face awkwardly clearing my throat forcing Scott's lips to land upon my cheek. He furrows his eyebrows and looks at me confused. 

"Can we talk?" he asks and I nod, looking down to my feet before quickly glancing at Brandon who quickly turns around, pretending like he wasn't watching the scene unfold in front of him. Scott grabs my hand and leads me to a different room. 

"Is everything okay?" he asks and I look at my feet. 

"Yes of course, why wouldn't things be okay?" I ask trying to sound as convincing as possible. 

He sighs. "Gabby, you don't have to lie to me." he says reaching for both of my hands and I finally look up to him. 

"I'm sorry" I finally say before sighing and falling to sit in the chair behind me. I put my face in my hands and rub my temples. 

"What's going on?" he asks rubbing the back of my head. 

"I don't know" I answer honestly with my head still in my hands. 

"I think I do" Scott asks leaning in front of me, forcing me to look up at him. 

"I love you Gabby" he says to me and I feel my heart drop to my stomach. "I mean you can imagine why, you're everything a guy could possibly want." he keeps talking, not letting me respond. I feel tears forming in my eyes. 

"I'm only telling you this, because I know that you don't love me back." he says and I look at him with sorrowful eyes. "But it's okay Gabby." he says rubbing my cheek with the palm of his hand. 

"Scott-" I start but he cuts me off. 

"You don't need to say anything Gabby. If you ever need anything, I'll always be here" he says before quickly wiping away a tear. "Thank you for allowing me to be apart of you and Rosalee's life, even if it was for a short while. I will truly never forget you," he says before kissing me on the forehead. 

"You're special Gabby," he says whispering to me. "And you deserve a special family, unfortunately I'm not the one who is going to be able to give it to you." he pauses before looking down. "I guess a part of me knew you were always going to be his" he says quietly before standing up. "I'll see you around Gabby" he says before leaving. 

Scott walks into the kitchen where Brandon stands at the counter. 

"You're a lucky man" He says to Brandon before leaving the house for good. 

Brandon looks confused, but regains his composure quickly as he goes and searches for you. 

"Gabby?" he asks questioningly as he enters the room. 

He finds me standing alone with tears in my eyes as I finally look into his soft brown eyes. 

"It's you. It's always been you. It's always going to be you."