"That Was A Mistake, This Isn't"

The next day I wake up and rub my eyes

The next day I wake up and rub my eyes. There's no way that happened. There is no way Brandon kissed me. That had to have been a dream.

I get out of bed and walk to the kitchen where I'm greeted by my daughter and baby daddy.

"Good morning sleepy head" Brandon says to me as he cooks breakfast and all I do is smile and sit at the island.

"How'd you sleep?" He asks as he places a cup of coffee in front of me.

"Thanks" I say, wrapping my hands around the cup, warming my fingertips. "And I slept fine by the way" I add and he smiles.

"Glad to hear it" he says placing a plate of breakfast in front of me.

"Brandon, you don't have to do this" I try to say but he stops me.

"I insist, really it's the least I can do" he tells me and I smile back at him.

"So Brandon, listen about yesterday..." I start but he stops me again.

"Hey, no need to explain" he says and looks at me. I can see the pain behind his eyes. "Co-parenting, remember?" he asks and I nod.

"Yeah, exactly." I say and he looks at Rosalee. "Thank you" I say to him and he looks at me, understandingly.

"Well, I'll give you some time alone with Rosalee this morning, I'll see you later" he says and I nod, looking at my daughter.

"Oh hey," he says catching my attention again. I look at him and he's standing at the door. "The guys and I want to have a dinner tonight with you, Amelia, and Rosalee."

"I'll be there" I say as I pick at the eggs sitting in front of me.

"Glad to hear it" he says before disappearing out of the kitchen.

All of a sudden my daughter squeals in her high chair and I look at her with a smile.

"And there's mama's beautiful girl" I say going up to her and giving her a big kiss. When I pull away she's smiling at me making my heart melt. "You make everything worth it princess" I whisper to her as she pulls her toy into her mouth. I give her another quick peck on her forehead as she gets distracted by her glowing toy.

"Good morning Gabby" Nick says as he floats into the kitchen quickly grabbing chocolate milk out of the fridge.

"Good morning" I say returning to my place at the island.

"How have you been, I feel like I haven't talked to you in forever" he asks sitting next to me.

"I've been good, things have definitely been a little hectic recently" I answer taking a sip of my coffee.

"That's a bit of an understatement" he says making me laugh.

"Remember the first time we hung out?" he asks and I smile thinking of the memories.