"I Know You Still Feel It Too"

A few days have gone by since the party and Brandon and I have barely spoken to each other

A few days have gone by since the party and Brandon and I have barely spoken to each other. The only time we do is if it concerns Rosalee, but other than that he's receiving the silent treatment from me.

I've been texting Scott every now and then but a part of me feels like I'm betraying Brandon, so I keep it as friendly as possible even though Scott is very sweet and very very flirty.

"Hey hot stuff, can we talk about the other night please?" Amelia asks, walking in with Rosalee's snacks.

"I don't know what you're talking about" I say nonchalantly, brushing off the question.

"Okay, then let me give you an idea." she says and I roll my eyes. "Who was that cutie you invited to the party?" she asks and I roll my eyes.

"Oh Scott?" I ask playing it off.

"Yes, Scott" she says sitting next to me on the bed, dragging out his name.

"He's just a guy I met at the store. He was nice to me and Rosalee" I respond.

"Oh c'mon Gabby. I know you have more common sense than that. You don't invite a guy you just met to your daughters 6 month party unless there's a real reason behind it." she says to me. I stay quiet and look down. "You invited him because he was cute, and because maybe you didn't do it on purpose but a part of you wanted to make Brandon jealous"

"Why would I do that knowing it would cause drama? I wouldn't want to do that and take the attention off of Rosalee. I only invited him to be nice, plus a part of me didn't even think he would show." I say back to her, standing up and picking up Rosalee.

"Fine, maybe there really was nothing behind it." she says to me standing up and leaving the room. I know she didn't mean it, but I also know she wanted to avoid an argument. I also know that she wasn't done talking about it.

I sigh and kiss Rosalee on the head and she lets out a little giggle, warming my heart. All of a sudden I hear my phone buzz on the dresser and I stand to grab it and see its Scott. I sigh before answering.

"Hey Scott." I say quietly.

"Hey gorgeous, what are you up to?" he asks making me smile to myself.

"Not much honestly, putting Rosalee down for a nap." I respond looking at my daughter who is laying down in her crib putting her feet in her mouth.

"Sounds like a good time." he says and I giggle. We stay silent for a few seconds before he breaks it. "So we haven't exactly talked about our date since Rosalee's party" he trails and I sigh.

"I know, I'm sorry. I just feel like this isn't the best time to be dating someone new right now. I just moved back in with Brandon, and I can say that I hate him all I want but he is the father of my baby, and right now I'm trying to be civil with him and make this whole co-parenting thing work. I just don't see how adding someone new is going to make anything better or easier." I sigh looking at my feet.