Chapter One: Not a Little Green Man

Aye lovelies. It's Rose. As many of you may know, I began this book almost three years ago. Since then, my style of writing has changed and my grammar has improved. I've started to edit both of the first two books and am still writing the third.

The editing process is vv slow, but you guys deserve the best I can offer. Much of this book is unedited, and I am working to improve it now. The main plot will stay the same, but rewording and grammar fixing is taking place. Just a warning for y'all :)

Please enjoy the story and happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In honest truth, I never wanted to be in that elevator, not when I needed to be somewhere else. It had been a last minute request from my former superior officer to accompany him to New York in the hopes of finding a consultant in a previously rejected candidate. I knew for a fact that getting Stark involved was in SHIELD's best interest considering the situation, but I didn't think I'd be tailing along for it. Two hours ago I had finally managed to wash the blood out of my hair and was preparing to be sent on a rescue mission. Now I was staring at two metal doors with Phil demanding to speak with the billionaire himself.

I let my fingernails tap rhythmically on the railing as the elevator continues its ascent towards the balcony of Stark Towers. Coulson keeps fighting with the socialite over the phone as I roll my eyes. Typical egotistical geniuses. They all have there own pretty little 'schedules' to attend to, and saving the world never seemed to be on them.

I find the elevator has stopped and the sliding doors open to spacious room holding Mr. Stark and Pepper, CEO of the company and girlfriend of the famous man, with a bottle of wine and glasses in their hands.

"Security breach!" Stark calls, probably for JARVIS. Pepper shoots him a quick glare she assumes we can't see as she gets up.

"Phil, Sienna! Come in!" She says, greeting us. I notice Stark's unhappy expression at our arrival, but choose to ignore it. He gives me a glare and I don't return the scowl, remembering our last meeting. Instead, give a small smile Pepper as her companion frowns at us.

"Wait," Mr. Stark grumbles, trailing behind his girlfriend, "Their first names are both Agent."

Stark and I were acquaintances and barely tolerable ones at best. I met him at his expo last year when I was on assignment as backup up to Natasha. When Hammer's droids took over, I disabled a few in order to end the crisis. Sadly, I didn't make it into the movie. He wasn't my last encounter with the candidates. I was nearly killed by Thor when he was trying to get Mjolner, his beloved hammer, but the exploit is certainly off topic. At the end of it all, most things relating to the Initiative, including knowing Stark, were a bleaker part of my life. Sure he was Iron Man, but also rather annoying in the long run and the lack of respect was mutual.

Pepper ignores him and his sour demeanor, still smiling despite the tension, "Come in, we're celebrating!"

"Which is why they can't stay," Stark mumbles. Pepper tries very hard to discreetly shoot him another look, before jubilantly grinning at us again.

An unfazed Coulson promptly hands out a vanilla colored file to Tony, "We need you to read this."

Stark wrinkles his nose in disgust, eyeing the folder with criticism and wondering how it was relevant, "I don't like being handed things."

That's an awkward pet peeve to live with.

Pepper, without fail, attempts smiles again, "Well that's great, because I love being handed things, so let's trade."