Chapter Three: Fun and Games

We were almost to the drop point where Cap would intercept Loki, but local news report began to pour in on the location. I opened a few live articles, scowling once I read the headlines of a disturbed gala, "Citizen control is gonna be hell. Guy with 'an ornate stick' just opened attack on a party."

Natasha began to descend, amping up the jet's speed once she came out of cloud cover. She shakes her head, adjusting more controls, "Let's just say this'll shape up to be quite interesting."

I peered out the main window over the plaza, and that is exactly what I see. Loki, no, four Loki's had herded civilians into a box like shape just across the street from the original spotting sight. At first glance, there must be at least a hundred people down there, all corralled by flickering images of a horned man.

"We're just gonna open the doors and drop you, alright?" I yell back towards the cabin as the bay doors open, completely setting up my headset. Out of habit, I unbuckle my seatbelt, ready to assist if needed. Natasha hovers the quinjet just above the crowd, my breath hitching once I get a better look at the scene. Loki raises his scepter to a civilian, an electric blue beam from staff pulsing like lightening for the man, finally hitting Cap's shield.

"Last time I was in Germany," he says, strolling towards the Asgardian or whatever the hell he is, "I saw a man standing above everyone else. We ended up disagreeing."

An evil smirk passes over Loki's face, dancing with mischievous glee, "The solider. The man out of time."

"I'm not the one who's out of time." Rogers says just as I flip a few switches. The gun ports open as the quinjets weaponry becomes trained on the alien.

"Loki, drop the weapon and stand down." Romanoff's voice echoes out through the jet's speaker, booming over the sight. The target just keeps smiling, hand moving fast. I whip over to look at Nat as she grips the controls as Loki shoots another suspected 'magical' beam at us. Natasha maneuvers just in time, giving Cap an opportunity to throw his shield at Loki.

And the two have at it. After a few kicks and punches, Rogers is on the ground. He throws his shield at his adversary, but Loki deflects it. Cap tries to throw a few more punches, but is flung back. Loki plants his scepter on his helmet.

"Kneel!" he screams, which sends off a few warning signs in my brain.

"Natasha, we have guns." I say through clenched teeth, but me and her both know they're too close together, "Or me-"

I spot Rogers go rigid before flip," Not today!"

He knocks Loki with his leg, momentarily fazing him before he flings the soldier away.

"The guy is all over the place." Natasha comments, still trying to get guns on Loki without wounding Rogers. I watch as the first Avenger falls on the ground again. I shake my head in absolute disgust. Time for backup.

I quickly start to untangle my headset from my hair, ready to jump out after the two. I hear a very audible sigh from my partner, but I still jog done to the other end of the aircraft. My quick glance at Natasha telegraphs she's not happy with me, but is still focused on finding a target lock. Nothing hinders me whilst I reopen the bay doors, but the action is delayed. The system freezes up, replaced by blaring rock music. I groan as I hear AC/DC's "Shoot to Thrill" blast through the quinjet's speakers.

"Stark." I mumble, slumping back from the control panel. Darnnit.

The too familiar voice of Tony Stark plays in my earpiece, "Agent Romanoff, Agent Firman did you miss me?"

Not really.

Both Loki and Cap look up as Iron Man flies in. He brings up a hand, blasting the alien back as Rogers goes to retrieve his shield. Stark's suit pulls out every piece of weaponry, all aiming at Loki.