Chapter Eleven: Suit Up

After about a hour or so of sitting next to Coulson, I get up and roam the halls. I feel a lot better now. The pit in my stomach has disappeared. But my heart still hurts. I'm pretty sure it will for awhile.

I pass by one of the rooms. I hear a groan. I go flush to the side of the door, the people inside not seeing me. I hear Clint. I want to go and greet him, but it sounds like he's just waking up. He's waking up as himself.

"Clint, you're gonna be alright." I hear a female voice say. Natasha. More groaning and the sound of leather against skin. He must be tied down.

"You know that," he says. His voice is forced, reserved,"Is that what you know? I got...I gotta go in though. I gotta flush him out."

"We don't have that long, it's gonna take time." Nat argues, urging him to calm done.

The sound of fighting against the restraints stops.

"I don't understand," he says, urgency and hurt lining his words,"Have you ever had someone take your brain and play? Pull you out and send something else in? Do you know what it's like to be unmade?"

"You know that I do."

And I know Natasha does. I've seen tapes of her dancing when she was younger, brainwashed. She was someone else.

"Why am I back? How did you get him out?" Clint asks.

"Cognitive recalibration. I hit you really hard in the head."

Makes sense.

"Thanks."

I here shifting and unbuckling. She's undoing his restraints.

"Tasha, how many agents?" Clint asks after a moment passes.

That wasn't you! I want to yell. I want to tell him it wasn't him. It's was the horrible alien.

"Don't. Don't do that to yourself Clint,"Natasha commands, handling the situation a lot better than I would," This is Loki. This is monsters and magic and nothing we were ever trained for."

"Loki, he got away?"

"Yeah," She answers," I don't suppose you know where?"

What if he knows? Clint could lead us right to Loki. A wicked smile crosses my face. I could kill the monster.

"I didn't need to know," He answers, deflating all my hopes," I didn't ask, He's gonna make his play soon though. Today."

My breathing stops. My heart leaps to my throat. An alien invasion. Today.

"We gotta stop him." Natasha says.

"Yeah? Who's we?"

I need to go. I want 'we' to include me. I sound like a child. But I want revenge.

"I don't know. Who's ever left."

"Well, if I put an arrow in Loki's eye socket, I'd sleep better I suppose."

You and me Clint, you and me.

"Now you sound like you." Natasha comments. I hear more shifting. I guess she sat next to him.

"But you don't," Clint says," You're a spy, not a soldier. Now you want to wade into a war. Why? What did Loki do to you?"

"He didn't, I just..." Nat trails off, he sentence hanging in the air.

"Natasha?" I hear.

"I've been compromised," She finally says," I got red in my ledger. I'd like to wipe it out."

I think over her comment. I connect it to her conversation with Loki. The monster did find away to get to her. He found her flaw, her weakness: the old her. The assassin for hire.

I feel like I'm intruding. This is a conversation they alone should share. And only they.

I back away, hoping they won't hear. Being the excellent spy I am, I leave unnoticed.

I head the way I came, passing the old cell room. I see two men inside, looking over the railing at the sky.

"Was he married?" A voice asks. Rogers.

"No," Another says, Stark," There was a uh...cellist, I think."

I remember a picture of a woman in Coulson's wallet. It got me thinking if he left anyone behind when he joined SHIELD. Apparently, there was someone.

"I'm sorry," Rogers condoles," He seemed like a good man."

"He was an idiot."

Starks comment boils my blood. An idiot, I want to yell, he was a much better man than you!

"Why? For believing?" Rogers snaps.

"For taking on Loki alone."

I guess I'm on the idiot list.

"He was doing his job."

"He was out of his league. He should have waited. He should have..." Stark trails off.

"Sometimes there isn't a way out, Tony."

I hear footsteps, as if someone's walking around," Right. How did that work for him?"

"Is this the first time you've lost a soldier?"

"WE ARE NOT SOLDIERS!" Stark snaps, whipping around to face Cap"I am not marching to Fury's fife! "

"Neither am I," Rogers fires back,"He's got the same blood on his hands as Loki does. Right now we've got to put that aside and get this done. Now Loki needs a power source, if we can put together a list..."

A moment passes.

"He made it personal." Stark whisper.

"That's not the point."

"That is the point. That's Loki's point. He hit us all right where we live. Why?"

He stirring us up, I think, to disband us.

"To tear us apart." Rogers answers, voicing me thoughts.

"He had to conquer his greed," I hear the billionaire pace around," but he knows he has to take us out to win, right? That's what he wants. He wants to beat us and he wants to be seen doing it. He wants an audience."

"Right, I caught his act at Stuttengard."

"Yeah. That's just a preview, this is opening night. Loki's a full-tilt diva. He wants flowers, he wants parades, he wants a monument built in the skies with his name plastered..."

Stark Tower. I turn and run. He's opening the portal from Stark Tower.

I arrive at my room. I change into my jumpsuit so fast, I almost rip my bandages. I pull my hair into a ponytail and slide on my combat boots.

Make Loki pay, Coulsons voice rings in my head. I put two pistols into my drop leg holsters.

Just don't get yourself killed, I secure knives and extra gun magazines on my belt. I then rush out.

How will this pain go away?

Revenge.

<><><><<><<><<€<>>

Hohoho yes! Action will come in the next chapter!

As you see, Sienna's train of thought is more.......how shall I say it, ruthless? I believe that's how most SHIELD agents think, and Sienna's one. She's impulsive. I think that what makes her a skilled agent. When she acts on impulse, she's dangerously ruthless. I believe this could also be a fault of hers, because impulses can be rushed and stupid.

But as Sienna herself said, she specializes at stupid.

Love you all!

Xoxo,

The writer