Chapter Four: Cages and Cinna

I end up in a SHIELD medical bay as they take another look at my shoulder. I hate hospitals for certain reasons. Everyone I've been in reminds me of the day I held my fathers hand as he died. I can see his lifeless eyes, feel his cold hand, smell death everywhere. I hate them.

I end up given some new healing cream, they my wound is banged again before I head off towards the bridge. I walk in, checking one of the moniters. I see Loki in a clear glass cage, Fury looking at him from the outside.

"In case it's unclear, you even scratch that glass, "Fury says going over to a control panel, and presses a button. The bottom right underneath the cage disappears, only the air beneath Loki,"Thirty thousand feet, straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works?!"

Fury closes the hatch by pressing one button. He points at Loki.

"Ant."He then points at the button which would drop Loki into the sky,"Boot."

Loki starts to stroll around, smirking,"It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me."

Fury just stares,"Built for something a lot stronger than you."

I see Banner squirm a little in his chair. I look at him, watching how he reacts. He obviously doesn't like to talk about the big guy.

Loki looks into the camera,"Oh, I've heard.The mindless beast, makes play he's still a man. How desperate are you, that you call upon such lost creatures to defend you? "

Fury scoffs,"How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace and you kill cause it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did."

Loki just smirks,"Ooh. It burns you to come so close. To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share, and then to be reminded what real power is."

My eyebrows knit together. And he is real power?

I watch as Fury's face goes tight, then smiles,"Well, you let me know if Real Power wants a magazine or something."

Fury walks off, leaving Loki in his glass cell. We all look up from the moniters, silent.

"Really grows on ya, doesn't he," Banner finally says.

"Loki gonna drag this out," Rogers starts, coming out of thought," So Thor, what's his play?"

"He has an army called the Chituari," He immediately answers,"They are not of Asgard or any world known. He intends to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract."

"An army," Rogers says quizzically, "From outer space?"

Banner fiddles with his glasses,"So he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for."

Thor suddenly becomes interested,"Selvig?"

"He's an astrophysicist."

"He's a friend."

"Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours." Natasha says, speaking for the first time. I watch as a cloud passes through her face, but it's gone in a second.

Rogers continues,"I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here."

Banner shakes his head,"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats, you could smell crazy on him."

I give a small snort.

Thor glares,"I don't care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard, and he's my brother."