Chapter Six: Baffi finti

11/27/17 - I hate myself every goddamn day for this chapter. I wrote it three years ago and it still haunts my nightmares. In all honesty, I don't know what to do with this several thousand word vomit. Perhaps it serves as a testament to how much my writing has grown. Either way I don't know how to edit this and I'm frankly scared to. Read at your own risk.

I end up in my room, searching channels on the TV when my phone rings.

"Hello, Sienna Firman speaking."

"Hey, Cinna!"

"Stark, this better be good or you'll be sorry you ever touched an electronically run piece of technology."

"Fine, it's good. Banner said we needed some quality time to 'learn to be friendly'. Ya, I don't get it either, but the translation is; were going out to dinner. Natasha,Rogers,me, Banner, Thor. You in?"

I roll my eyes," I don't have anything better to do."

"Why do I find that sadly true? Be at the docking bay at seven. Oh, wear something nice for a change? Those leather suits may be flattering on the right females, but the get a little dull after awhile."

And with that he hung up. Stuck up billionaires. They'll all the same.

I go over to my closet, going through clothes. A few different jumpsuits, sweats, T-shirts, jeans. I own one dress, a long white maxi. I try to slip it on. Way. To. Small. I can't even breath in it.

For a moment I considered going in a T-shirt and jeans.

Never mind. I would have to resort to asking someone for a dress. I hate asking for things, except for when it came to doing a job.

I sigh, she warned me this day would come.

"Natasha!" I say, knocking on her door five minutes later.

"Come in." I hear from inside. I open the door to see Natasha in a green V-neck lace dress. Her makeup was done and her hair was perfect.

"You look beautiful Nat!"

"I can dress up from time to time. Why aren't you ready?"

She must have read the look on my face.

"Did Sienna Firman come to me asking for something?"

"Natasha-"

"I knew this day would come."

About five minutes later, I'm in a dark purple figure fitting dress with spaghetti starps. It hugs me just about everywhere, and ends mid-thigh. I believe a I look okay in it.

Natasha then took the front parts of my hair, pulling them back and securing them with a Bobbie pin. She handed me her makeup kit and strappy silver shoes," Be at the docking bay in five minutes."

And she's gone. I do a quick and neutral makeup job within three minutes and put on the shoes. I check in the mirror. Again, I look okay. I turn to look at my shoulder. A bronzy color covers it. The SHIELD healing cream really worked.

I run out, passing other agents who just stare, probably wondering how I can run in these shoes. It takes talent. I almost trip over Captain Rogers.

"God, sorry." I say quickly. He was dressed in a simple white T-shirt, blazer, and jeans. I suddenly feel over dressed. But so is Natasha, so I won't be embarrassed alone.

"It's my fault," Rogers answers," I should have looked were I was going."

"We'll just leave at my fault and get to the docking bay before Romanoff bursts her top." I say, then scurry off.