Chapter Twelve: And It Begins

I exit my room quickly, stepping out into the hall and heading towards the hanger. I have to get to the quinjets before the Avengers leave, or just take one myself. Either way, I'm going to end up on the ground.

I side-step past SHIELD agents with ease despite the fast pace I was traveling at. It was only a sharp corner that had me swerve to the side to avoid a certain Captain, who was surprised by my urgency, "Whoa, Agent Firman, what are you doing?"

"Heading toward a jet. This the way towards one." I state, halting for a second to address, "I know technically I wasn't invited into your superhero initiative, but I've decided to come anyway."

His response is immediate, "No, you aren't. You are in no condition to fight."

I cross my arms, slightly shaking my head. If there was one thing I had noticed about our most recent interactions, the man had attempted to talk to me like I was supposed to obey him. Yet I didn't protest quite yet, "We're stopping an alien invasion. None of us are truly in fighting shape."

Rogers just attempts to walk past me, disregarding my previous statements. I begin my trek towards the hanger again, and I hear a scowl, "Cinna-"

"My name is Sienna," I correct as calmly as I can, stopping again and narrowly missing running into another agent in the narrow hall, "and I'm coming with you to Stark Tower."

"How did you kno-"

"I'm a spy, I'm a professional at knowing things I shouldn't. Now I suggest we keep moving."

"Sienna," he says, making sure he pronounces it right, which I would've appreciated if the next words didn't follow, "I order you to stand down. This isn't just some mission-"

I almost laugh, finally through with him standing in my way, "You know what? I'm not going to. You don't have the authority, Captain Rogers, to order me to do anything. I suggest you stop acting like you do."

A moment passes. I take a step closer to him, readying another barrage to convince him to stop hindering me, "I read your file. You weren't always the big guy you are now. You were scrawny kid barely 5 feet. You were in no fighting shape, yet you still did everything to get into the army. I may not be an Avenger, but I am not going to let aliens invade Earth while I just sit around. You stopping me from doing just that? It's terribly hypocritical. Now, we can stand here arguing, or we can start walking. Either way, I'm coming with you."

I raise an eyebrow as the Captain stares at me. I begin to grow impatient with his lack of a response, moving again towards the hanger. I receive no reprimand as he joins me, and a smirk tugs at my lips for no reason at all, him commenting, "You make a hell of a point."

"That's the intent."

Nat and Barton file in with us. I give Clint a smile, he returns it.

"Sienna-" Natasha starts. Rogers gives her a look, and we go off walking again.

We arrive at the hanger, automatically going to the first quinjet we see. A younger SHEILD officer stops us. Is that Bradley?

"You are not authorized to be here-"

Cap just raises his hand,"Son... just don't."

Clint gets in the pilot's seat while Natasha hands us earpieces.

"Keep these on so we know how to contact each other. Stark is...."

Iron Man flies past us. Nat rolls her eyes," He's intercepting Loki now."

I secure my earpiece the grab the nearest data pad. I tap on it a few times as Cap looks over my shoulder.

"What are you doing?"