Part 1 ✽Magnolia✽

Arabella Emma Peabody was the product of a one night stand and was unloved by her Mother, Penny Peabody. You wouldn't guess that from talking to her. She was the most polite, well spoken and kind girl in Greendale. You could often see her tending to the gardens of the people around town as her summer job. She lived with her great uncle and had to spend a lot of time taking care of the old man. Her Mother would come to visit her once or twice a month and she dreaded the visits. While she loved science and biology her Mother loved law causing a rift to form between the two. Her Mother was tied to two different gangs, the Serpents, and the Ghoulies. 

At school, most people called her Pixie thanks to her long blonde hair, big green eyes, and her short thin frame. Her blond hair fell at mid thigh which would look a lot longer if she wasn't 4'9. Her face was heart shaped with pouty pink lips. Her cheeks were covered in freckles and would often turn a soft pink when she was embarrassed. Her large eyes were a forest green with long eyelashes. She was the kind of person who was blessed with perfectly clear skin. Her voice was unnaturally high and flowy. When she spoke she sounded poetic and beautiful. 

She didn't lack friends and everyone had a place in their heart of her. The most cold-hearted and cruel people seemed to smile when she was near. This didn't extend to her Mother though. Boys would seem to fall in love with her with one smile. Everyone wanted to protect her from all the bad things in the world. She was well aware of all the horrible things in life but they never affected her. She was always happy, positive, and innocent no matter how horrible things looked. Everyone in her life was happier and brighter because of it. You would think that this girl is totally oblivious to everything but she was all too aware and knew things most didn't. Often it alarmed people when she would state things as if they were well-known facts even they were some form of secret. She was still well-trusted because those sorts of things usually stay between her and the person in question.  It made her build strong, meaningful connections with almost everyone. 

Pixie was sitting on her bed reading a book on Horticulture when she heard a knock on the door. She reluctantly got up and walked to answer it. When she opened it she was shocked to see a policeman standing there. "Hello Officer Mellish, how can I help you? Would you like to come inside for a cup of tea or coffee?" asked Pixie and the Officer nodded. Pixie lead him inside and made them both a cup of Jasmine tea. When Pixie and Officer Mellish were sitting down he sighed "Pixie I am so sorry to deliver you this news but your Great Uncle has passed away. He had a heart attack this morning while he was at the supermarket." Tears began falling down Pixie's checks and she held her face in her hands. "Your Mother has been contacted and she is on her way. I'll see myself out."

Pixie spent the night crying for her dead Uncle. They were extremely close and he had been looking after her since she was two years old. It felt like she was losing a parent, not a distant relative. The next morning she put on a black dress before she began packing away her things knowing her Mother would be coming soon. Soon she had the suitcases packed with her things and some of her uncle's things. Packing away their photographs and paintings made her burst into tears all over again. That's how her mother found her, holding a photograph of the two of them while sobbing. "Pull yourself together child. Oh, thank God you packed. At least I raised you to do a few things right. Now come along, I found someone new to take care of you. Seriously get your shit, we are leaving and then I am selling this house." snapped Penny and Pixie just answered, "Yes, Mama."

Pixie followed her Mother to her car and got in. Penny drove her to the side of town she wasn't supposed to be in. The silence in the car was deafening as her Mother stared at her. Penny would often shift her eyes to her daughter before returning them to the road. It was like Penny was trying to understand her daughter but staring at her was the wrong way to go about it. Penny stopped in front of a concrete building and locked the doors. "This will hurt you and this will make you miserable but at the end of the day, you will be stronger because of it. Now goodbye Arabella, I will come to visit you in a month." With that Penny unlocked the doors. Pixie got out, grabbed her luggage and made her way to the front doors of the dreary building.

She watched as her Mother drove down the road. When she couldn't hear the roar of her car anymore she turned around and knocked on the door. A girl wearing a bright purple set of lingerie answered and pulled her in. "Hey, you are the new girl. Oy Cherry the new girls here and boy are they going to eat her up." shouted the girl and in walked a lady wearing cherry pasties covering her nipples with a red mini skirt that could be mistaken for a belt. Pixie looked her in her eyes and held out her hand. The lady looked shocked but she took it anyway and shook it. "Hello, Ms. Cherry. People call me Pixie now could you please show me to where I am sleeping." Despite her being introduced to the leader of a brothel Pixie was still as polite as ever.