Part 20 ✽Forget-Me-Nots✽

"You can start by telling us your real name," ordered Jughead as they interrogated Chic in the basement. "I am Chic. Mom, untie me please, I'm scared." whimpered Chic and like ice, Betty answered "You must have known him. My brother. When my Mom and I went to the hostel and asked for Charles Smith they sent us to your room. So why were you impersonating him?" Betty was starting to get angry as a result her voice got louder. "I never said I was Charles Smith. I said I was Chic," shouted Chic leaning close to Alice. "Then where's Charles. How did you know him?" asked Alice and Chic replied "We met on the streets, then moved into that flophouse. He told me about you guys. The Coopers. This perfect family in Riverdale who gave him up for adoption. Who didn't want him. Never even looked for him. One day he knocked and you answered Alice. You practically slammed the door in his face. You said 'we're not interested'. You remember it don't you? Chares went on a bender that night. He OD'ed on Jingle Jangle."

"Will you watch him?" asked Betty while Alice and Betty ran out of the room. Pixie pushed her hard toed boot down on Chic's bare feet. "You enjoyed that, didn't you? You loved making them feel bad for what he did," said Pixie and Chic began to realize his mistake. You see with Midge dead Pixie lost a part of herself. It would come back with time but only with time. It had been hours of Pixie applying pressure then releasing it when Jughead burst in. Soon enough he was punching Chic and Pixie made no effort to stop him. "What the Hell are you doing." asked FP and Jughead replied "Getting him to talk." FP pulled Jughead off Chic. "The Hell you are! The Hell you are." Somehow Chic still looked smug. Alice and Hal fought upstairs while Pixie watched the bastard. Soon Betty came downstairs and pulled out a gun. "Where did you get that?" asked Chic and Betty said "I took it from a music teacher who was like you, a predator. It's a cold night. I'm going to cut you loose and then we are going to leave. Out the basement door." 

"Pixie you are not coming with us." ordered Betty and Pixie snapped "I will scream. Let me come or I will scream and Alice will come running. That will ruin your plans so let me come without a fight." They got into the car and drove to the cemetery. "Who was that Betty? Who was that who called you with that weird ringtone?" asked Chic and Betty answered "You'll find out. Now that it's just us and Pixie, did you do it? Did you kill my brother?" Pixie pulled something out of her pocket and up her sleeve. "We got into a fight. I lost control. I didn't mean to hurt him." said Chic as he attempted to justify his actions. The black hood finally made his appearance. "Who's that?" asked Chic and Betty answered "That's your very own angel of death. The Black Hood. He's the one who called me."

"If that were true Betty you would be running for your life." reasoned Chic and Betty said "No. He's not interested in me or Pixie. I'm gonna give you a headstart. I'd say that you have about a 70% chance of making it before he cuts you down. Really you should start running. 60%, the longer you stall the more your chances keep dropping. What are you waiting for? Fifty." With that Chic bolted. In one quick motion Pixie lifted up her arm and a small dart flew through the air. It was small and dark so you couldn't see it in the night. It landed itself in its target drawing a small amount of blood. "Goodbye Chic," said Betty as they watched him run. 

When the two girls left that night Betty couldn't be sure whether Chic would make it. Pixie was sure. Calculated and cool, Pixie knew who would make it out alive that day thanks to a small dart dug into the flesh of an ankle. Without quilt, she did what was right. Instead of going home with Betty she went to Sweet Pea's and let him hold her close that night. She didn't sleep much that night or the next or the next but wrapped in Sweet Pea's arms she managed to get a few hours of dreamless sleep. 

"War Baby called my Father and I from Shankshaw. Our old adversaries, the Ghoulies, have been released. Word on the street is they want Serpent blood. They're gunning for a rematch. They want war." said Jughead before the door slammed open and he was interrupted. "Which one of you reptiles was screwing Midge Klump?" shouted Reggie and Jughead asked "What the Hell is going on? This is a private meeting." Everyone stood up while Pixie was pushed to the side. "I'm guessing it was you Sweet Pea." declared Reggie and Archie told him off. "You ass, I didn't even know Midge and I am dating her best friend. But yeah I get why she wouldn't want fleas from you mangy Bulldogs."

The fighting broke out but it was quickly stopped. Pixie threw a cup off the desk and smashed it on the ground. "Don't any of you bastards bring Midge into this. If you want to start a war that is your choice but don't use Midge as an excuse. She hated fighting and I will not have her memory tarnished with your pathetic antics. She was a person and not a toy. She wasn't any of yours to fight over. Stop it you pigs. You're not Bulldogs, nor Serpents, you are all just Pigs." Pixie then stormed out of the room with tears in her eyes. They could fight among themselves but they couldn't hurt Midge. Pixie wouldn't let them. Because every person in that room cared about and respected Pixie or Midge they kept their hands off each other. They left feeling ashamed of their actions.