Part 25 ✽Nerine✽

"How does it feel Pixie? You are finally bearing a Serpent tattoo." said Fangs as he boomed with pride. He stared down at her with a brotherly love as she got her first tattoo. "I feel happy. I waited too long to do this," said Pixie and Sweet Pea snapped "Stop moving." FP was at home at the time so everyone talked Sweet Pea into giving the tattoo to Pixie. No matter how uncomfortable it made him feel he still did it as he was the only one capable of producing a decent tattoo. 

Even though Sweet Pea was trying to avoid Pixie he was not cruel enough to let someone give her a bad tattoo. Part of him loved having her lie there as he worked on the back of her neck. Every time his warm breath hit her neck she squirmed a little. However, it was hard for the boy full of regret for letting her go. The only reason he ended things was to keep her safe and yet here he was giving her the final initiation into a gang. Cheryl and Toni watched happily on the side as the two stubbornly would not declare their love for each other and kiss right there.

The next day with her hair down to cover the fresh tattoo Pixie walked into the lounge as Alice had called a family talk. "Yesterday the pharmacy called. Polly answered. They can't complete an Adderall prescription that was requested by your doctor because you had one refilled in Greendale two weeks ago." said Alice and Betty defended "Then they must have mixed up their dates. I don't know. I'll call Dr. Glass."  Unlike Alice and Polly, Pixie knew very well that Betty was pretending to go to a therapist while taking to many Adderall. She had tried many times to get Betty help but it was a tough subject. 

"Except there is no Dr. Glass. Polly did some digging. He doesn't exist. You have been forging prescriptions for yourself." said Alice and Polly added, "We're worried about you Betty." before Alice continued "You have been lying about going to therapy, now you are making up this psychiatrist so that you can scam medication." Pixie was unsure what to do as she didn't trust Alice anymore but she didn't want Betty to be hurt. "Seriously Mom? You're going to give me a hard time trying to re-up a prescription that you literally shoved into my hands a year ago." reasoned Betty pointing out just what the farm had done to her Mother. 

"It was before Edgar had explained the dangers of pharmaceuticals." said Alice and Betty interrupted "Okay enough, you're actually buying this Farm crap that some huckster named Edger Evernever is selling you." It was hard to believe that the name was real as there aren't a lot of Evernevers in the country. "He's helping us move on and he can help you too, Sweetheart," Alice said as she tried so desperately to convince her daughter to do what Alice thought was best. "Oh, really? Oolong milk and wanting to burn my diaries is helping you get over the fact that Dad murdered four people and tried to kill us? If you genuinely believe that, you are in denial Mom." taunted Betty in an attempt to hurt her Mother.

"No, Betty, you are. Do you realize that that is the first time you have mentioned Dad in months? You call me and my friends crazy but you're the one with a secret life, hoarding stolen drugs, hiding from your pain. You may hate the farm but they healed me, they healed Mom and they can heal you. But first, you need to admit that you're sick." said Polly and the girl had a real point. Say what you would about how horrible the farm was Betty did need help. "We shouldn't be fighting. Betty maybe get some real help. Alice and Polly don't push Betty or she will push back and it won't help anyone." said Pixie but Betty just left to be with Jughead, Veronica, and Archie while Pixie went to work. 

The next morning it was time. Nobody knew the outcome aside from the jury but everyone was on the edge of their seats waiting to see what would happen to Archie in court. "All rise" instructed the bailiff and everyone did as the Judge walked in. "Has the Jury reached a verdict?" asked the judge and a man from the Jury answered "Your Honor, we haven't. We are deadlocked six to six and it's not going to change." Gasps and murmurs filled the room as people wondered what this meant. "So be it. The Jury is dismissed. Thank you for your service" announced the Judge and the Jury got up and left. "Your Honor. In lieu of another trial, the State is prepared to make an offer a deal for a lesser sentence. Instead of prison, time served plus two years in juvenile detention if Mr. Andrews will plead guilty to the crime of manslaughter."

"I'll take the deal. Your Honor, I accept the deal." declared Archie in hopes of getting the whole thing over and done with. Despite everyone's cries and protests he still did it. "Son just so I have it straight, though it is legally within your rights, you're ignoring the advice of your council, your own Mother." said the Judge and Archie answered with certainty "Yes, Your Honor I am guilty." At this point, nobody protested as it was too late. "Mr. Andrews the court accepts your plea of guilty. You will be taken directly from the courthouse to the Leopold and Loeb Juvenile Detention Centre. Where you will serve out your sentence begging immediately. This court is adjourned." 

Archie apologized to his Mother and hugged her one last time before he was dragged away. We're going to get you out of there, bud." promised Mr. Andrews while Archie stayed silent. "I love you, Veronica. Pixie remember your promise." said Archie while Veronica cried "No you can't take him away. He is innocent. He didn't do anything." Veronica finally broke down in Betty's arms just as Archie had left the courtroom.