Part 21 ✽Rose✽

"So I've been thinking. Dad, you have been so busy at the Register lately, maybe Mom should go back to work. I mean she's moderating the debate, why not report on it as well?" suggested Betty as the Cooper family sat at the table as they ate. "That's not a terrible idea." said Alice and Betty encouraged "And I could help too, after school with proofing and layout." Pixie quietly ate her food wondering what Betty's game was. "My three best girls at the Register, that is if Pixie is willing to join us?" said Hal and Betty protested "No! I mean Pixie has Pop's so I doubt she will have the time." Betty wanted to keep Pixie away from Hal if he was the Black Hood.

Pixie worked a shift at Pop's when she saw Veronica. "Hey Archie and Veronica, how's the food?" asked Pixie as she placed desert down on the table. "Perfection as always Pixie. Give the chef my compliments." said Veronica and Elio asked "Who is this beauty? Darling, I can take you to a place where you aren't the waiter." Pixie let out a chuckle as she took the dirty dishes. "The names Pixie. Unfortunately, this beauty has a boyfriend. Besides I am not here for the money I love the atmosphere. The people, the music, the aroma. I just find joy in it. Anyways I gotta dash but I will see you two at the debate." said Pixie happily as she danced around. "You hardly get people like that anymore. Just joyful and free," said Elio's with longing eyes before they went back to their normal state. 

Pixie was worried sick about Fangs. She hadn't witnessed the arrest but she was stressing about it. Jughead and Sweet Pea wouldn't let her near the Sheriff's station though. Apparently, it would look bad if they talked before she was going to testify if she had to. The debate was starting so she hopped into a car with Alice and Hal. Pixie wasn't really listening to the debate as watching people tear others apart wasn't here thing. Instead, she was in the kitchen making brownies for afterwards. She was until she heard gunshots. Pixie quickly ran outside and got on her scooter. She was on the road before three shots had been fired. She was scared so she went straight to the Police station despite what Jughead or Sweet Pea said. While there she called everyone to check that they were okay.

"Pixie you shouldn't be here." said Fangs as he saw her walk through the door. "I don't care Fangs. You are like a brother to me and after today I might not see you for a long time. I just lost Midge and I don't want to lose you too. I'm going to miss you." said Pixie and Fangs answered "Hey kiddo I'm going to miss you too. You are the little sister I never had. I'll see you again." When Fangs got released they hugged each other tightly. "We can't take Fangs out the front entrance. We have to take the side entrance," said Jughead but Sheriff Maneta just shrugged him off. "The crowds out there too. So pick your poison, Serpent." said the Sheriff and Sweet Pea asked, "What are we going to do man?" Everyone freaked out, afraid for their friend. "I don't wanna die." cried Fangs and Pixie's heart broke for her friend. 

"Hey, you're not going to. Look at me okay? We stand together so none of us falls. In unity there is strength." said Jughead and all the Serpents repeated, "In unity there is strength." They pushed through the crowd in a triangle formation with Pixie at the front pushing through. No one tried to stop Pixie but they pushed and shoved the serpents. Nobody was sure what was happening but Reggie was tackled to the ground by Archie. In his hands, a gun but that wasn't what Pixie was looking at. She was staring at Mrs. Klump with her own gun. In a few seconds, Pixie had to make a choice. She moved her body in front of Fangs as Mrs. Klump pulled her trigger. By the time the sound of a gunshot was heard Pixie had felt the impact. 

Everyone froze and watched in horror as the girl clawed at her bleeding stomach. Fangs and Sweet Pea held her in their arms trying to keep her awake. Not a single fight broke out as they all liked the girl. Pixie became well known as 'that nice waitress from Pop's' or 'that sweet Pixie girl who loves flowers'. The majority of the town liked her a lot. When a Serpent or a Bulldog could have been hurt nobody cared. Pixie, however, didn't have a side, she was just nice. No one wanted to see her hurt and yet they all had to watch her bleed out onto the pavement as it was their doing. Soon enough an ambulance arrived and Pixie was taken away. 

Betty was called by Jughead and they rushed to the hospital. She was in surgery and even though they couldn't be with her Alice, Fangs, Betty, Jughead, and Sweet Pea all sat and waited. Veronica apprehended Midge's Mom who was devastated that she hurt Pixie. The serpents were fighting the Bulldogs as they all though Reggie killed someone they loved. Instead of being by Pixie's side, Sweet Pea had lost his mind on the school. Betty had gone off to find her Dad. Jughead had left to control the riots. Soon it was Fangs who felt incredibly guilty and Alice who was sat at home with no idea what was happening. 

Pixie woke up with a gasp. "Oh, my Pixie you're awake. Take it easy you have been asleep for days," said Alice as she helped Pixie sit up. The room was filled with flowers, teddy bears, balloons, chocolates, and cards from what seemed to be the entire town. By noon Pixie was allowed out of the hospital and she went straight to the school.