Part 3 ✽Hydranga✽

Pixie sat at a lunch table with Betty, Kevin, Veronica, and Archie. They were talking about Chic and how Veronica thinks Betty should bring him to Piken's Day. They were until four Southside Serpents showed up, Fangs, Jughead, Sweet Pea, and Toni. "What is this Jughead," asked Betty and Pixie just looked confused as they all glared at her. "What the Hell gives you the right to just show up here and act all innocent?" asked Sweet Pea and Pixie answered "Out of you four I only know Jughead. I am sorry if I have offended or done anything but I'm just trying to go to school. I don't know what I have done. I don't even know who three of you are. Tell you what let's have a fresh start, I'm Pixie. Who are you all?"

"Your Mother tried to turn us into her own personal drug mules," growled Jughead while clearly denying her offer of a fresh start. "Oh, I am so so sorry but the last time I saw my Mother she was dropping me off at a brothel." Everyone stared at her shocked but she continued. "Yup we aren't on good terms. I am not my Mother just as you are not your Father. If my Mother did something that is a reflection of her not on me. I am truly sorry that she hurt you but don't blame me for it. Now, are you open to a fresh start?" Fangs stepped forwards and shook her hand while Sweet Pea elbowed him in the ribs. "I'm Fangs, this is Sweet Pea, and this is Toni." Toni then stepped forwards to shake her hand. Sweet Pea and Jughead still glared at her and they left. 

Jughead decided Hell would freeze over before he ever became friends with the spawn of Penny Peabody. Sweet Pea decided to wait and see if she was as good as she seemed or if the facade ever dropped. Fangs and Toni saw her point they weren't their parents. They decided there was no point hating someone when they were already occupied other things. Pixie was happy that she had made two new friends and couldn't wait to meet more people. 

After school Pixie and Betty went for a drive. Betty pointed out parts of the town and they soon stopped at Pop's Diner. "This is the heart of Riverdale. We come here after school and in the weekends all the time. The milkshakes are like heaven." When Pixie and Betty walked in Pixie could smell the cooking food. People were laughing and smiling, everyone there seemed happy. While Betty was ordering them two milkshakes from a waiter Pixie's eyes caught the "Help wanted." sign perched on the counter. Pixie walked up to the counter and asked: "It says you are looking for employees and I was wonder how to apply?" The girl at the counter handed her a form and instructed her to "Fill this in and bring it back tomorrow if Pop's likes you'll have a job."

Betty and Pixie went home that afternoon being close friends. They talked about Pixies old friends that she had to leave and Betty talked about all the drama that had occurred in the last year, beginning with Jason's death. When they got home they were sitting in the lounge when Betty got a call. Betty returned from it looking shocked so Pixie asked: "What's wrong Betty?" Betty pulled Pixie out of the room and into the dining room away from Chic and Alice. "I just got a call from Kevin and Chic is a webcam boy." Pixie shrugged and said "Each to their own. I can't judge him for that. I have to be concerned for his safety though. It also doesn't surprise me a lot as he seems like the kind of person who would do that. Oh well." Betty's jaw dropped as she watched Pixie return to the lounge.

The next day Pixie was walking through the halls when Fangs caught up to her. "So when did Penny drop you off at a brothel?" Fangs asked and Pixie happily answered "Well I lived with my great uncle but he passed away. My Mama drove me to a brothel, dropped me off and told me she would see me in a month. I only realized what it was when I walked in. The ladies there were nice but I'm not cut out for that kind of work. I took a taxi from Greendale and now I live with the Coopers. It was so sweet of them taking me in." Fangs was shocked and he whispered, "No one touched you will you were there did they?" Pixie shook her head violently as Fang let out a breath in relief. "Now come on Fangs, we have to get to English before we are late." Sweet Pea was watching this interaction and was surprised at how genuine she was. He still didn't trust her though. 

Betty and Pixie were sitting in the lounge doing homework when Chic slammed the door open while storming into the house. "Chic. Hey." said Betty and Chic screamed, "He threw out my stuff." Pixie removed her things from her lap while Betty asked "What? Who did? What stuff?" Soon Chic was yelling again "Marcel, my landlord. The guy you maced. He got rid of everything. Everything I need to survive. My laptop, my camera." Betty looked baffled and asked "Wait you went back there. You when back there and talked to him after what he was doing to you?" Betty was being reasonable but Chic kept screaming "My entire life was at that hostel." 

"Like my Mum said, you can stay here as long as you want." said Betty kindly but Chic snapped "You don't think this is long-term do you?" Pixie stood up and walked over to the shouting pair. "Let's all think about this rationally. Chic you are mad at Marcel, not Betty so shouting at her won't make things better. Betty, you have to understand the fact that Chic is hurting. Now Chic how about you go cool off in your room." Chic stormed off up to his room whispering swear words under his breath.