Part 26 ✽Waterlily✽

Pixie woke up to a strangely quiet house. As she made her way downstairs she came across Polly, Betty, and Alice as she normally would. "Dr. Batel kept Betty in the hospital overnight but it was just a precaution." said Alice to Polly and Pixie asked "Wait Betty went to the hospital. What happened? Betty are you okay?" Betty nodded and hugged Pixie tightly. "Pixie sweety, go upstairs and get ready for school," ordered Alice and Pixie complied curious as to what conversation she was being excluded from. 

"Hi you must be Pixie Peabody." said a girl in the hallways as Pixie was walking down. "Hello, who are you?" asked Pixie and the girl answered "I'm Evelyn. I am a friend of the Coopers, from the farm." Pixie was unsure whether to be alarmed or not. "Okay. Nice to meet you but I have to dash to get to Biology," said Pixie still as kind as ever. Everlyn seemed to like the kind girl as she walked away from her. 

Pixie was walking into the prison when Veronica and Reggie saw her. "Pixie, what are you doing at a prison?" Pixie turned around with a box in her hand and she noticed her friends. "Oh, I bring some of the Serpents who got locked up and some people I knew from Greendale baking every so often. Today I made them white chocolate and raspberry brownies." Then Pixie walked into the jail. She happily gave every boy and every guard in the waiting room a brownie. She then handed the box that was half empty of to one of the prisoners ordering him to "Make sure everyone not here gets a brownie. If I hear one person missed out you won't get baking for a whole month."

Archie, Veronica, and Reggie watched from a table as she skipped out of the prison. "Hold up is Pixie, The Fairy?" asked Archie but Reggie and Veronica just looked at him confused. "Some girl comes in and brings the most delicious baking in every few weeks or so. Apparently it is the greatest thing they have ever tasted. That girl becomes more and more strange the longer I have known her." said Archie and Veronica laughed "Only Pixie would do something like that." On Pixie's way home she dropped some brownies off to Mr. Andrews and had a cup of coffee with him. Pixie was not going to forget her promise to Archie.

FP and Alice were at the house and they were both fuming. The second Betty and Jughead walked through the door Alice shouted: "What in the world is wrong with the two of you?" Betty and Jughead shared a look and questioned their parents. "Sheriff Minetta called. He said he caught the two of you snooping around Ben Button's room at the hospital." said FP and Jughead answered "Dad, look, something weird is going on here. No one wants to talk about it. But Dilton came to me for help. You were there. I feel like I owe him something." Pixie was standing there clearly interrupting something. "Boy, you don't owe him anything. This has nothing to do with you," shouted FP and Alice added "And you Betty this was exactly what Dr. Patel was talking about. You keep this up young lady and you'll have another seizure."

"Seizure, did you have a seizure and not tell me about it?" asked Jughead clearly hurt. "She most certainly did and it's because you keep dragging her into these murder investigations." accused Alice and Betty growled, "You are unbelievable Mom." Betty then went upstairs and both Pixie and Jughead tried to follow her. Alice stopped Jughead but Pixie was allowed up. Pixie found Betty on her bed curled up. Pixie jumped on the bed and crawled next to Betty. "He won't be made. He loves you and he is just worried about you." reassured Pixie and Betty answered, "I know."

"Veronica, I don't mean to be rude or anything but I don't like you as a blonde. What is the wig for?" whispered Pixie as she saw a blonde Veronica at the prison. "Pixie my Dad has ordered the warden to no longer let me in. So I obviously had to come in a disguise," answered Veronica and Pixie nodded before walking over to Joaquin. "Hey Joaquin, I made cookies again. Did everyone get the brownies last time?" asked Pixie as she sat down and handed him the fresh box of treats. "Yeah everyone got them. Now Pixie I need you to do me a favor. Can you get this note to Sweet Pea?" pleaded Joaquin and Pixie hesitated "Okay but just so you know he doesn't like me at the moment. I don't want to be involved in anyone getting killed so if it is about something that can get you life in prison I won't." Joaquin assured her that it wasn't so Pixie quickly slid it into her bra while all the guard's backs were turned.

"Hey, Sweet Pea," called Pixie as she arrived at the Serpent camp. "Why are you looking for Sweet Pea?" asked Fangs and Pixie answered, "I was at the prison handing out baking when Joaquin gave me a note to give to him." Fangs looked alarmed so he quickly dragged Pixie to where Sweet Pea was. "Sweet, Joaquin gave Pixie a note to give to you. Oy Pixie give him the note." said Fangs and Pixie quickly pulled it out of her bra embarrassed. "What I had to find a way to sneak it out," said Pixie as Fangs looked at her with disapproval. As Sweet Pea opened the note he couldn't help but feel how warm it was from her skin. 

The letter read "Sweet Pea, I know that Pixie was your girl. Some guys in here are planning on making her theirs once they get out. If I were you I would get your bitch back before somebody else tries to." Sweet Pea stared at it in shock and an immense jealousy bubbled up inside of him. Not once over the entire summer had he stopped thinking about Pixie. He knew it was time to take her back but he just couldn't.