Part 16 ✽Amarilys✽

Pixie was sat next to Midge while they watched the Student council election debate. "Now just a quick reminder that this school hall is a PTA sponsored event. Oh, and it looks like we have our first question," said Alice Cooper and Sweet Pea asked "Yeah, no offense to the current administration but it doesn't feel like anyone looking out for the students being bused in from the southside. Is that gonna change?" It was clearly offensive so Pixie wasn't sure as to why her boyfriend said no offense. "Absolutely Sweet Pea. That's our priority. No one should feel marginalized or excluded here." said Jughead and Betty joined in "Jughead and I will be representing all students, North and Southside alike." Alice quickly interrupted her daughter when she said "Next question. Yes, Midge." 

"My question is for Archie and Veronica. Rumor has it that your parents will soon be on opposite sides of the mayoral election. Won't that negatively affect your working relationship?" asked Midge and Veronica answered, "Archie and I adhere to an old maxim: That politics are never discussed at the dinner or the cafeteria table." This earned a chuckle from some of the older audience. "Veronica and I are on the same page about everything including her family's plan for a prison on the Southside." said Archie and Veronica interrupted as it started going down a path "In the meantime, however, we are committed to improving the quality of life at Riverdale High. That means more extracurriculars."

"Reggie and I agree, except add the fact that we can and will deliver results." said Josie and Reggie added "And we are chill, unlike these guys," That made everyone chuckle. As Alice and Pixie walked through the door after the debate Alice said "Hey Chic. Are you hungry? Pixie and I were going to order a pizza." There Chic sat on his knees in front of the TV, he looked scared and worried. "Mom, you need to see what they found," said Chic and there on the TV was the car being pulled out of the swamp that Pixie, Jughead, and Betty pushed it into. Before anything else could be said Alice was on the phone to FP. 

The five sat at Pop's diner worrying themselves sick. "We should have known better. I should have known better. We should've driven that damn car further out of town." said Jughead and FP comforted "No, you couldn't have known Junkyard Steve drags the swamp for people's castoffs. It's dumb luck." It wasn't just dumb luck, they should have driven it far far away. "It's Jones luck, you mean." said Jughead and FP asked "Should Chic be here? Considering he's the one that brained the guy." Pixie went to get another milkshake at the counter and while straining her ears she heard their voices. "Don't worry about Chic," said Alice and Betty replied "Normally, I'd disagree. Definitely, worry about Chic but he doesn't know anything about the car."

"When we got to the swamp we wiped the thing clean of prints before we pushed it in." said Jughead and FP questioned, "Wearing gloves?"  Suddenly the two became unsure. "I think so." said Jughead while Betty said "I'm pretty sure" at the same time. "Betty was wearing mittens, I was wearing gloves, but I'm not sure about Jughead though," said Pixie as she sat down with her chocolate milkshake. "If anybody comes asking questions we don't know anything. Don't talk to anyone. Act like everything is normal," said FP after Sheriff Keller walked through the door. "Including you coming back home Betty, so you're not nesting with a bunch of Serpents." said Alice and Betty answered, "No you are not going to use this to manipulate me, Mom. You know the deal I come home when Chic leaves." 

"Okay everybody, be cool. In the unlikely event that something happens, we batten down the hatches. Until then, life goes on, and nobody goes anywhere near that car." said FP and that was it. Pixie was the only one who could stomach food so she ate Betty's breakfast as well. Pixie wanted Betty to come home as well because Chic made her stomach crawl. She was now all alone in Betty's bedroom at night with chic only a door away.

"You promised us a war, then your onstage looking like Buddy Hally, sucking up to the Northside." shouted Sweet Pea and Jughead just reasoned "We need those votes, Sweet Pea. It's the only way that we can affect any change. Whoever's elected gets a seat on the school board. That means we are on the inside, that means that they can't silence us." Pixie pulled lightly on Sweet Pea's hand making his eyes flick to Pixie's. He calms down slightly but when he looks back to Jughead the fire returns. "What you and the Northside princess?" said Fangs and Jughead shouted "Wait is that why you guys are pissed? Betty's on our side." Sweet Pea pulled Pixie closer to him as if trying to protect her from scrutiny she wasn't under. "Yeah, I have helped the Serpents on numerous occasions. I helped find the Picken's statue head. I got Cheryl to testify in court so that your king, FP, could get early parole." said Betty and Sweet Pea scoffed "You did that all for your boyfriend, not the Serpents."

"Alright take it down Sweet Pea," said Jughead and Sweet Pea replied "What? It's only a matter of time before she bails on us, just like her mother." Pixie stood up and decided that she should intervene. "Look my Mother is a horrible person and an enemy of the Serpents but you guys don't assume I am like her. We shouldn't do the same with Betty." said Pixie and Fangs reasoned "You don't live with your Mother, you don't approve the things she does, you wouldn't hurt a fly Pixie. You have never supported your Mother's actions. These are different scenarios." Pixie nodded and sat back down feeling slightly defeated. 

"So your objections aren't even about me, they're about my Mum." defended Betty and Sweet Pea argued "Her legacy, yeah. She is an enemy of the Serpent state. She's bee taking shots at us in 'The Register' for years. Blaming us for crimes we didn't commit. Running with a turncoats daughter is a slap in the face, and for that reason alone your not getting the Serpent vote." Pixie looked kinda offended but she pulled herself together. "Hey are you okay?" asked Pixie once everyone had left the classroom. "I won't let my Serpents, my family get handed to those traitorous bastards."