55.FACTS🔆...

Shakti had vehemently refused taking back Annika from the hospital back to the mansion. He had insisted that they rent out another house. He had denied everyone's pleadings, and had denied even stepping into the mansion with Annika. But then Annika requested him once and he had agreed to it instantly.

 Every other person had been happy witnessing this. But shakti only knew why he had agreed to it, Annika's pale face, weak smile and that broken voice had made him comply to it although he didn't want to do it badly. At the end of the day only Annika's happiness and health mattered to him right now, he wanted her to be alright quickly and if coming to the mansion would help it, he'd definitely do that without a doubt.

______________________________________________

It had been two days since Annika's discharge from the hospital, but Tej was not to be found anywhere. The police couldn't definitely arrest Tej without proofs, but they needed to investigate him and he had gone missing all of a sudden. Svetlana was not to be found anywhere too.

The police officer had come here to the oberoi mansion to speak to Shakti and Shivaay.

"This is your duty officer and you've let a murderer like him roam freely in public. Where is the law inspector?" Shivaay questioned irritated.

"Mr Shivaay we are trying our best from our end to locate him. Please cooperate" the officer said trying to calm him down.

"I said you the other day to arrest him immediately. But then you didn't listen to me and wanted proofs and now every body are facing the consequences for it" Shakti replied the officer back.

"Mr Shakti it has not yet been proven that Mr Tej is the real culprit behind whatever your daughter in law had to undergo. We do not still have the proofs and you know that nothing works without proofs here" the officer spoke back.

"What proofs are you talking about inspector? What if he tried harming someone again" Shivaay questioned again angrily

"We assure you that nothing of that sort would happen. We've given your family full security, the best from our side. So be assured Mr Oberoi" the inspector replied.

"Ok leave it aside, what are the latest developments" Shivaay now asked scratching his forehead

"We've found a knife stained with blood in your back garden. We probably think that was the knife used to stab Mrs Shivaay. It was lying near the boundary wall and we guess that the culprit had dropped it by accident when he was trying to escape by climbing over the wall" the inspector spoke.

"We have found two finger prints on it, one is obviously Mrs Shivaay's but the other we are still investigating. Once we find the match, we'd be able to arrest the culprit" the inspector finished off.

"But how long before that?" Shakti spoke frustrated. "Youve been repeating the same thing for many days now officer" Shakti further spoke.

"We are trying our best Mr Shakti please cooperate" the police officer spoke firmly and got up to leave.

"Please make it quick" shivaay requested and the officer nodded and walked off.

"Dont expect anything from them Shivaay. They only want proofs" Shakti said Shivaay angrily and walked off from the hall.

Shivaay looked at his retreating father's finger and then dialled up his private investigator.

"What are the latest developments" Shivaay questioned.

"Still working on it sir, ill definitely give the details by tomorrow evening. Be guaranteed" the person at other end spoke. 

"Make it fast" saying Shivaay cut the phone, thinking something.