Inbox 1

Most students will be glad and celebrate that their most awaited school break has finally come. During school breaks, students are free from homework, terror teachers, studying, projects, and more importantly waking up early. In other words, school break equates to freedom for students. However, one person does not seem to have the privilege of obtaining this freedom.

"Hays" Rose sighed as she glanced at the bright sun from the car window.

Can you set early? I want this day to end. She said to herself. The sun would probably frown if it could hear and understand her thoughts, for it has only risen an hour ago. She let out another sigh and then stared at the clock hands of her wristwatch, hoping it to move quickly.

So immersed in her thoughts, she became unaware of her surroundings; She did not notice that the car has already stopped not until her mom called her. Rose went out of the car with her taekwondo bag on her shoulder that has been laying around for years in her drawer.

"Rose, remember to do a good job. Do not put our family's name to shame, understood?" Her mother sternly reminded her for the 14th time in the day. She put on a forced smile and nodded and responded, "Yes, mother." After her mother is satisfied, she kissed her goodbye then they went on their separate ways.

May this day be memorable.

She said to herself before sighing for the nth time. The huge signage hanging in front of the gym caught her attention, "Power Kick Gym," She read out loud and chuckled. Rose thought that the name is somehow hilarious and concluded that the owner labeled the establishment in haste; hence, the name. She took a deep breath before entering. However, she was amazed at the sight of many people in the gym upon opening the door.

The number of people she will be training with for the whole session raised Rose's anxiety. She is an introvert and socializing for her is like hell. However, her mother still will push her to enter activities that mainly require socialization like taekwondo; Her mother's reasoning for doing this is for Rose to explore and get off her comfort zone. Unfortunately, the activities only did her worse.

The training started minutes after Rose's introduction as the new member of their team and a former brown belt holder of the sports who has temporarily ceased training for three years. Ya!! Ha!! Tak! Tak! The gym only resonates with the loud kicking of pads and shouts. The training is vigorous and Rose barely caught up with the other members, even if she was a player before, the three-year gap between her and the other players is enormously wide.

The facility is spacious. It has various rooms for the convenience and comfort of the members such as the equipment room, locker room with a shower room inside, a gym, and even a kitchen. After the training, everyone is talking with each other. Some of them are laughing loudly that their laughter echoes inside. On the other hand, Rose felt lonely and is feeling uncomfortable for she is the only member without anyone to talk to. No one tried to approach her, so she went to the girl's locker room to grab her things. Outside the room, chatting voices can be heard making Rose nervous. Nonetheless, she knocks before swinging the door open which gathered everyone to look in her direction. The room went silent and it made Rose so uncomfortable. To somehow ease the awkward feeling, she bowed to them then rushed to grab her things from her locker and went to the shower room while piercing stares are on her back.

She quickly finished showering and was about to exit when she heard her name mentioned in the girls' conversation.

"The girl, Rose? She wasn't good. She's so feminine and weak. I expected more from a brown belter even a lower belt can do better than her. I think she's only here to fool around with the boys. Didn't you guys notice? I saw her exchanging glances with our male members. She's not even that attractive!" a deep voice girl said followed by a laugh

"Shh, she might hear you." the other girl shushed while the others are suppressing their giggles, thinking that Rose is still busy showering.

Rose wants to get out of place as soon as possible, but she knows that will not be able to handle the atmosphere she sprints out. The poor girl can't do anything but cry silently as they continue to mock her. After waiting for five minutes, she opened the door and the girls exchanged glances then pretends to mind their own business. On her way out of the locker room, she has her head down but still can feel their stares on her as she walks away.

After bidding goodbye to the taekwondo coach, she left the gym.

The tears that she has been holding back, flow down her rosy cheeks as she walks down the street. The malicious and rude comments kept on coming back to her even if she tries to shake them off.

She feels helpless and miserable for not being able to fight back as she greatly worries about her mother's response.

Indeed a memorable day.

(Marked as Read)