Inbox 18

[Outro]
Ooh, ooh, ooh
And he don't realize I'm thinkin' about you
It's nothing new, it's nothing new

Rose sang the whole song with her eyes closed to lessen her anxious feeling. She took a deep breath before she open her eyes slowly, as soon as she saw their impressed faces, she can't help to be dumbfounded. After being brought back to life, Dawn, frozen in her seat slowly clap her hands in amusement, it is followed by the other members and some are howling.
Minutes pass before they are settled. They line up and bow to Rose, she doesn't know what to do at first but instantly responds with a bow to them.
"I'm Dawn the vocalist in the group. Sorry for being impolite." The blond girl introduces herself. Everyone made their introduction to Rose. The girl with a boy cut is named Helvy, she's the drummer. Christopher is the pianist. Ben the man in the group is the bassist. Rose is also a bassist in their group slash lead vocalist.

Its been a three days ever since Rose joined the band. Her relationship with her members escalated quickly that is beyond her expectation, they were not like before wherein everyone dislike the fact of having an additional member. Their band is having a slow progress in producing a song. Although the task we're evenly distributed. Rose didn't expect that she will be assigned in the lyrics together with Heavy.

She is having a hard time in putting words together. They have no concept yet, which makes things more complicated. Its weekend, and she's sitting in front of her desk, clutching her forehead, having an instense headache.

While lost in her train of thoughts, she heard a knock on her door. "Yes?" Rose softly asked. The door swung open revealing her mother. 

"How's your band going?? " her mom asked, Rose force a smile,  "They are treating me well and we are in the process of making our song." She answered but dissatisfaction is visible in her mom's face.
"Is there any problem, Mom? "
"I heard that you're not the main vocalist of your group. " she said with full of disbelief. Rose let out an awkward chuckle.
"Well,  there is someone who's much better than me. "
Her mother sighed, "You always settle for less. I hope that vocalist will not be able to perform" Rose didn't utter a word her mother was supposed to leave when she request Rose to sing for her which she granted quickly. Before she could sing, an incoming call. Her eyes widen seeing that it is someone she didn't expect to appear in her screen as a call.

"Rose who's that? " She turn to face her mom, filled with curiosity. To avoid anymore questions, she decline the call. 

"It's no one. " she put her phone on the desk with her screen flip over. "What song would you like to hear?"
"Any song will do. " 

She sang paper hearts and her mom seems to be proud of her. She finished singing and after a few comments about her voice and techniques, she left Rose.

Rose didn't catch a single thing about what her mom told her,  her mind is thinking of why no one called. She flipped her phone over and she jolted from her seat. 

'I didn't notice it..I answered the call. '

She picks the phone near her ear, "Nice voice!!! Rose. Hello? Hey?" A man's voice speak. Her body is quick to respond and ended the call.

"He heard me sing!" She said aloud.

****

Its been two weeks since the call incident of Rose and Jin. He can't help but to feel the excitement, of meeting Rose. He have another clue how to find her. He's astonish by her beautiful voice.

He kept on hearing her voice in his head while doing his rounds in the campus.  It's getting late and the council has the task to check if students vacant the rooms as there was a report of some flirting in these hours.

While walking on the hallway,  he heard a fainted melody, like it is coming from a piano.  He followed where it is coming from and while he is near the room, a singing voice is what he heard next.  He stopped right in front of where the sound is.

He can't believe but, the voice he is hearing is so similar to... Rose.

He knocks on the door, holding the knob. "Is anyone there? " a stupid question left his mouth.

(Marked as Read)