Inbox 16

After spending the whole afternoon chatting in the park, unexpectedly they became comfortable with one another as if they have known each other for centuries. They are currently walking down on the streets heading to the Park's house.

"Promise me that you won't tell anyone that I like him." Jisoo softly said yet seriousness is evident in her tone. Jisoo raise her hand sticking her pinky finger out. Rose gave her an assuring smile before nodding and locking her pinky on Jisoo. "Yes promise." she answered.

Although, Rose isn't that surprise about the fact that Jisoo has a crush on that Taehyung as her eyes are sparkling whenever Rose saw her steal glances from him. "But how could your eyes even caught me looking at him even from afar and our eyes always met." Jisoo questioned something that both of them are curious about.

"About that, I also want to know the answer." Rose replied, they stopped from talking when they notice that they are in front of the house. Without further ado, both of them enter and greeted their parents, preparing the table for the dinner. 

"Both of you are just right on time." Rose's father said.

While they are eating, random topics kept on appearing during the talks especially about academics of the two ladies which the parents' are very proud of. Since they are on the topic about their school life the mother of Jisoo mentioned about the upcoming battle of the bands.

"Will the whole Park family will attend the event? 'cause I already talk to one of my friends to reserved me tickets." Jisoo's mother said filled with excitement, Rose glance at her mom and saw a look that she is terrified of. The look that is up to something and she wants to avoid it aa much as possible.

Rose's mom turn her head on her daughter beside her and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Rose can sing and if I'm going to see her perform is something so precious to me." Her mom said boasting Rose's another talent. Jisoo saw how uncomfortable Rose is which became odd for her,  she look at her mom and it seems like she also notice it.

"M-mom...I-i t-think I can't." Rose said stuttering. Her mom expression suddenly changes from the excited look to a look that is stern.

"Oh Rosie I know. you.can.do. it." her voice is gentle yet the the threatening tone can still be heard. "So what does Rose need to be able to showcase her talent." She questioned her friend.

"She needs to be in a band." Jisoo answered the question instead of her mom, "but finding one is hard at all according to some students." she explained hoping to lessen the atmosphere she's not liking.

Rose cannot say a single word after her mom became stern. Rose's mom sighed, but later on she smiled. 

'how creepy.' Jisoo thought as she look at her.

"Then I'll try to make connections, Jisoo you should also join." Rose's mom even tried to convince Jisoo and her mom. Rose felt so sorry for the guest being uncomfortable because that is the personality of her mom, she wants everything to be exactly what she think of and what she thinks of her daughter is a perfect human being without any flaws.

"Jisoo doesn't want to perform publicly especially if it is something she doesn't put focus on." Jisoo's mom explained. Rose stare at how Jisoo's mom explain about her child. She felt jealousy as her mom never saw what she doesn't like or even ask how she feels about the activities.

****

The Kim family finally head back home. Rose is sitting on the sofa waiting for her mom to stop walking back and forth. Her dad on the other hand is just sitting silently on the sofa opposite of her. She looked at her dad and sighed,'In times like this, dad can't do anything.'

Her mother stop right in front of her with arms on her waist. "Rose. I told you that don't ever say that you cannot do something that everyone can. In fact, you are someone superior than many. Didn't I also tell you that don't ever defy my decisions for you." she scolded Rose.

"Mom...it is somehow hard for me to face the audience." she said with all her courage. Her mom glared at her and all she can ever do is to put her head down. She heard her scoff.

'this is not good.'

"Listen. You are going to put shame on this family.Are you trying to embarrass me to my best friend? All the things I'm doing is for you, so don't argue with me. That's it. Go to your room!" After that Rose went to the stairs and before she could completely step on the second floor she heard something.

"Do I really deserve to have a daughter like her! She isn't like her sister. That wench." Upon hearing it, she hurriedly went to her room as tears started falling. While on the floor, she heard her phone. She grabbed it and see the screen.

You have a new message.

No One:

Yow how's your day?

(Marked as Read)