Chapter 6

XXXX

"Can...can I help you?" Naruto deadpanned at the two genin before her. She thought it would be a good idea to go sightseeing around Konoha after the Senju left her place and so she could be alone with her thoughts. But it seems luck isn't on her side today as Koharu and Homaru had jumped her and had her backed up against an alley wall with grim faces.

Koharu stepped forward and said in an icy tone as possible. "Stay away from Tobirama-sensei and the Senju family. Even if you are an Uzumaki, you're still an outside."

"Ah I see." Naruto hummed and took the edgy genin seriously. "I agree with you, but since I'm on probation, your sensei is my overseer and I can't simply just stay away from him as you have requested. That can only happen once I get the green light. As for the Senju family, they would find it suspicious if I suddenly gave them the cold shoulder, but I understand your concern. I am indeed an outsider who recently came to your home and became good friends with the Senju family...but..."

"But...?" Homaru pushed the blonde forward to talk.

"I am a citizen of Konoha right now, brat." She held up a shaking fist as her hair split into nine ferocious tails. "If you threaten or attack me again, I will report you to the authorities. Never try to threaten an Uzumaki, brats." Whacking then both on the head and left them sprawling on the ground as she left the alleyway without trouble.

Naruto sighed irritably. Didn't Jiji once say they were kinder and more open-minded in their youth? Unless they just didn't like her in general. Not matter what time period. "Stupid elders..." she muttered and made her way around the streets and greeted the vendors with a polite smile, quick conversation and a handshake. Too distracted by her greetings and thoughts that she bumped into a well-built person. "Sorry..." she muttered and looked up to see her new friend and smiled. "Madara! How are you?"

Madara was caught off guard by the blonde. He had watched her fluttered around the street greeting people and didn't even realise he had moved towards her till she bumped into him. She was like a magnet. "I am fine..." she glared at him and cleared his throat. "I am tired, but fine overall."

Naruto nodded. "That's good to hear." She could sense something dark within him that wasn't there the last time they had met. It was small, but still noticeable to her unique sensory abilities. The look in his eye that wasn't hidden behind his bangs, she could see that there was confusion, paranoia and...it looked like fear. She worried. "Get some sleep, Madara. You look terrible." She reached over and squeezed his arm before letting go, yet she was surprised when the Uchiha lashed out and gripped desperately onto her arm. Naruto gently smiled and took him somewhere quiet and safe. To a nearby flower field that Iruka had taken her to before she left to Turtle Island and dropped the bomb that he and Kakashi-sensei were dating. Naruto would never tell Iruka or Kakashi that she already knew. The signs were there.

Naruto sat Madara down under a shady tree and sat next to him as she asked. "What's troubling you, Madara? You can tell me anything and you have my word I won't tell." Linking her pinkie with his gloved pinkie. "It's my nindo. I never go back on my word."

Madara couldn't help but trust the blonde. He wanted and needed to trust somebody because showing strong emotions within his clan was considered a disgrace. It was why they were always cold to one another unless alone in their household where they could be free. He wasn't allowed that as clan head, but here with Naruto he was. Turing their holding pinkies into hands and squeezed her small hand lightly. "I'm in a dangerous position, Naruto Uzumaki." Bringing his free hand up to his head and closed his eyes tightly. "I know I am. I can feel it. With me around, I know Konoha and my clan will also be in danger."

Naruto looked concerned and held his hand with two of hers. A sign that she was here for him and would support him whenever.

"Members of my clan say that I leave the compound at night, but I have no recollection of doing so. My anger is getting out of control; I can feel the heat circle through my chakra network. Something is happening to me, Uzumaki. Something big and terrifying." A solemn look appeared on his face as he whispered. "I don't want to hurt my clan. They're the only family I have left." Madara's eyes widen in shock as he felt his head rest on Naruto's slim shoulder as she hugged him close to her.