Chapter 11

"How was your day, Kit?" Kurama asked the blonde as she entered the cottage. It was nearing 8pm and he had just put Jiraiya to sleep. Shifting over on the couch when Naruto slumped next to him and rested her head in his lap. Kurama chuckled. "Hard?"

"Damn straight, Dattebayo." Naruto muttered as she tossed an arm over her eyes. "Everything feels weird. It's like a bright sunny day on one side and a destructive hurricane on the other. This is really hard, Kurama. Everything's so fucked up."

Kurama hummed in thought as he drummed his fingers on Naruto's middle. "Well we are in the past for a reason, Kit. To end the war and whatnot."

"I know." She muttered. "I know what I have to do when we meet Madara in our time. The only thing I need is time and privacy with Madara. That's all I need."

"What do you plan on doing? Will you still hold onto his last request?"

Naruto released a slow breath as her eyes pricked in sadness. "I don't know...I don't know if I can do it. Even if I did promise him..." Taking haggard breathes as Kurama soothed her hair. He was patient with her whenever she was confused like this. "Kurama..." She hoarsed out tiredly.

"Hmmm..."

"Why does it hurt?" she voice quietly as a tear slipped down her whiskered cheek. "Why does it hurt whenever I think about Madara?" Pulling her arm up and gazed up to the bracelet through glazed blue eyes.

Kurama was looking to the bracelet intently. Grabbing hold of Naruto's wrist lightly and looked over the three beads. "White, red and black huh?" His nose picking up a familiar scent and told Naruto as he swiftly changed the subject. "The red bead...it had his blood." Turning Naruto's wrist and twisted the other two beads. "The black and white have small Fūinjutsu on them. I've never seen a design like this though."

"W-what...?" Naruto muttered and took a closer look at the black and white beads. "This...this is the Uzumaki swirl, Kurama." Looking to her partner in surprise and sat up suddenly. "Mito-ba-chan!" Naruto cursed under her breath when she heard Jiraiya crying and gave Kurama a guilty look. "I'll get him." Heading into Jiraiya's room and picked him up from his crib. Holding him close as she rocked back and forth on her feet. Turning and saw Kurama leaning against the door frame. "This is important, Kurama."

"I know it is. Let's go." Holding up Jiraiya's baby bag with a foxy grin. "Dress for the job, Kit. Your clothes are laid out on your bed." Holding his hands out for Jiraiya and was surprised when the child actually came to him.

Naruto squeezed Kurama's shoulder. "We will get answers, Kurama." Ruffling Jiraiya's hair and enjoyed the coo he got from him. "Be nice while we're there."

"Uh-huh mama." Jiraiya smiled a toothy grin and placed a slobbery kiss on Naruto's cheek before cuddling into Kurama's chest. "Papa and 'Raiya wait for mama." He nodded.

Naruto just stared at Jiraiya before she started snickering.

Kurama rolled his eyes. "Get changed, Brat before I kick you 50 years into the future." Watching as Naruto rushed into her room and looked down at the brat in his arms with a stern look. "What was that for, Toad? Didn't we agree not to say that word around Kit?"

Jiraiya blew a raspberry at the Kyūbi without fear. "'Raiya not listen to papa."

Kurama gave the child a rough noggin. "Damn brat. Respect your elders. I'm as old as the moon."

"Jiji-papa." Jiraiya muttered under his breath and giggled when he heard his papa growl at him.

Both entering the living room area as Kurama sucked in his breath and blew out the fire in one breath. "You ready?" Kurama turned with Jiraiya still in arms as they saw Naruto. Kurama whistle as Jiraiya clapped his hands. "I take it you like it." Naruto smirked. She wore a chainmail underneath a tight-fitted black shirt with a slim fitting orange & black jacket with a pair of fitted orange shorts that ended above her knees and knee-high black heeled shinobi sandals and had a black nameless Hitai-ate tied around her neck. Her weapon pouches in all the right places and put on black fingerless gloves. Tying her hair up in a simple ponytail that allowed her bangs to frame her face and smiled happily to the males before her.