Chapter 15

"Marry me." Tobirama tried again as Naruto walked away from him.

Naruto glanced back over at the Nidaime; making her way back to the Hokage tower. "No."

"At least give me a reason, Naruto." Tobirama requested as he ignored how people were following after them wanting to here why Naruto rejected him.

"Oh? I didn't realise I need a reason to reject a marriage proposal." Naruto hummed in thought. She spun on her feet and stop. Catching the Nidaime off guard as he stumbled over his feet and caught his balance. The rest of the followers stopping too. "Now is not the time to ask that question, I guess. Anyway, there are things I want to settle before I even think about marriage. Yes, I love you, Tobi, but, no will always be my answer till I've done a few things." She looked to the west before briefly glancing at Tobirama. "All I ask is for you to wait for me, Tobi. Then you can ask."

"Naruto, I've been waiting for 50 years." Tobirama replied as he took a step forward. "What is it that you have to do? I can help. I am your partner, am I not?"

Naruto answered with a nod. "Yeah, but there are things I need to do on my own. Dattebayo. You're a Hokage. You gotta understand that there are things that one has to do alone and about private matters."

Tobirama nodded. "I understand that, but, Naruto, how long do you plan on making me wait? I don't want to spend another minute without you by my side."

"Trust me." This was all Naruto said as she turned her back again and continued her walk to the Hokage's office. Entering the room and saw that everybody was still there and moved over to Tsunade. "Ne, Baa-chan. Can I get all those scrolls now?"

Tsunade's eyes widen. "Scrolls? Naruto, are you sure? I mean, what about Granduncle?"

"He'll be fine." Naruto voiced and held out her hand. "I'll need my mask for this, Baa-chan."

Tsunade nodded and flipped through a few handsigns with a porcelain cheetah mask appearing in her hand with a storage scroll. "I want a full report and a team to go with you, Naruto."

Sarutobi leaned over Naruto's shoulder and chuckled. "It still looks new. Just like that day I gave it to you, Naru-chan."

"Huh?" Minato and Kushina blinked as they looked to the mask in Naruto's hand. The former saying as he pointed to the mask. "Isn't that...that an ANBU mask?"

Hiruzen looked over to his successor. "Indeed it is."

"Why does my baby have an ANBU mask?" Kushina asked.

Naruto looked to Tsunade and Hiruzen with a raised brow. "You know when I thought they knew about the past, I thought you guys told Kaa-chan and Tou-chan what I've done in the village." She looked to her parents with a sheepish smile. "It's not what you think though. I don't do assassination or anything like that. I gather information for the village and Jiji chose a cheetah mask so it's not that obvious that it's me. Baa-chan actually put me in the hospital for a week once she found out and Ero-Sennin nagged my ear off all that time I trained with him." The two Sannin nodded as the Sandaime looked slightly guilty.

"Don't get me wrong, Minato, Kushina. Your daughter has the best stealth abilities in the village that she can out run the elites in neon orange and paint the Hokage monument in broad daylight without anybody noticing." Hiruzen defended as Naruto, in a flash, was in her ANBU gear with her mask on her hip.

"Kaa-chan. Tou-chan." Naruto called to her parents with a grin. "I'll be back, I promise. So I need you guys to watch over Tobirama. He's a bit lost since I said no to his marriage proposal..."

3

2

1

"EEEHHH?!" the room hollered as Kushina and Mito just laughed.