Chapter 16 - Wrong Choice

I went to the quest board and reviewed some quest from C to B rank, the pay increase quite a lot, and that's a great thing. I put my hand on my chin, as I looked up the quest board on which I should take. Monsters subjugation quest, bodyguard quest, search quest, or dungeon subjugation quest. All of them make a lot of money, especially the dungeon subjugation, but that will probably take a lot of time in the process of the subjugation, so that's a no. For searching quest, I’m quite sick of that, the last quest was a little bit ambiguous and vague on information on where to search. Between the two last, I would rather go with the monster subjugation, since the work time is fast.

I have made up my mind and search the monster subjugation, there are a quite a lot of them, if I was on G rank, i would only have hunted goblins and imps. Since I’m a B rank there are other variety, such as kobold C rank (A humanoid creature with a head of a dog), Orc C rank (a pig like humanoid, always found in group), Ogre B rank (a large humanoid monster with brutish strength, most of them uses a club/mace, they have 2 horns), and quite many more (Red Bear C rank, Black Bear B rank, Wolves nest C rank, Giant Black Widow B rank, etc)

Oho, the information are quite good here, and there’s even a picture of the monster. Which one should I took, hmmm everything seems okay, their price are quite good, and I don’t really know what this monster capability unlike swordsman where they have this tendency to be the same everywhere especially medieval time… wait i don’t know anything about medieval stuff, perhaps human are more extreme here… argh… I took the highest pay which is Ogre subjugation, which is 25.000 pin, I have to kill 10 ogre party or solo, and took it’s left horn as proof. I took the paper and hand it to the receptionist, which is the woman before, let see if i’m not wrong her name is Lisa, that’s what written on her uniform.

“So, you’re going to take the Ogre subjugation with no armor whatsoever?” She said with an angry tone, “I know that you might be strong, but as you can see, an ogre could easily smash a rock with ease, so please at least use an armor for more protection.” she said with a worried face.

“Okay, I’ll do that, so please don’t nag me” i don’t want to go through nagging again like last time.

“Alright, that’s fine then” she said smiling.

“So where could i find an ogre?” I ask her.

“Let see, exit from the south gate, and ask for the guard there, they know more about the whereabout, all i know is their placement generally.”

“Is that so, thank you very much then.”

I left the guild thinking that south gate is where Jii-san shop is, his sword is actually amazing, so I think I would buy armors from him as well.

I knock on the window and enter the shop, “Ji-san do you have any good armor”

“Oh, jou-san welcome, yeah what kind of armor do you want?”

“Just give me something decent, I used quite a bit of money for the sword” I laugh softly.

“Very well, the fact that you use a rapier, I’ll give you a light armor, this one’s defense is quite high, one of my pride in this shop” He said as he took out the box of armor.

I take the armor and see them thoroughly, fumu, this is quite good, but i guess the price is also quite high.

“This is a new product, a stainless steel from the dwarves, it was quite hard to forge it but I was able to master it, all of them cost 25.000 pin” he said.

I thought it would be more expensive, but 250.000 yen is expensive if it was my world. I gave him my card, and the transaction is done. I put on the silver colored armor, such as the chest armor, the boots, knee guards, and a leather gloves.