Vol 3 - Chapter 3 - The Start of a Journey

Author note: It has been a while...
I'm sorry i haven't been posting since i was burnt out by writing, and uh... I'm sorry, I have no excuse for what i have done.

This is a short chapter, but I will try to make it a lot more longer for next chapter and more interesting as well maybe idk. My style of writing may have change since it's been so long since I've written a story.

Thank you for reading... And I'm grateful for those who said that they like my work. It has been on my mind for several months, but I've made up my mind today to continue this story. Truly i am grateful, and I am sorry for those who have been waiting...

The story:

The night ended and morning came. I woke up as soon as Haru shaked me and shouted multiple times for me to wake up.

"Please wake up, Eri-Nee-Sama or we will be late!!" She yelled the last time and I woke up surprised.

"Okay, okay, I'm up, please stop shaking me" I asked her.

"Ah..." Haru let out a small noise and stopped after noticing that, "I have warmed the bath for you, Nee-Sama" she continued.

"Okay, thanks I'll quickly wash myself and we'll go afterward" I said as I went into the bathroom.

As we were tight on time, I quickly washed myself just to rinse off the sweats. After I'm done, I quickly dried myself with the towel and left the bathroom to take my clothes that I hadn't prepared at all. Haru was waiting and sitting on the bed trying not to look toward me which was odd to see.

I took the bag from the chair and pulled out one of the outfits that I bought, which was an all black adventurer outfit. I put them on, and we were set to go.

"Let's go" I said to Haru who was sitting on the bed.

She nodded and we left the room and went down the receptionist desk to notify my own absence in a few weeks due to this mission.

"Please have a safe journey" the receptionist said.

"Thank you" I replied as I looked back with a smile. We left the inn and immediately went to the meeting point near the gate.

As we walked through the crowd in the morning, we saw Cecilia talking to someone presumably the carriage driver. She noticed us and waved her hand further to make sure that we saw her. We waved back and quickly went to her.

"So you guys are here" Cecilia said.

"Yeah, sorry we're a bit late" I replied.

"I already tried my best in waking up Eri-Nee-Sama..." Haru said, dejected.

"It's ok, I was talking with the driver about our destination" Cecilia replied.

"Let's go" Cecilia said, as she went inside the simple carriage.

We followed suit and inside it looked like a normal Carriage. The carriage we're using for transportation right now is the best way for us to move. A normal carriage with no noble mark whatsoever will mask our movement trace.

So our first day journey started and we talked inside the carriage about the mission that we will be doing.

"I'm terrified, we're going to fight demons that are likely to have the same strength as the four heavenly kings" She said as she trembled.

"You don't have to worry, first of all, all your stats increased by 50% which is a high number, and second, I will be protecting both Cecilia and Haru so please be at ease" I replied reassuring them

"But what if we were in a situation where you cannot protect us?" Cecilia asked.

I lured my hand toward Cecilia and then Haru, without chanting, layers of barriers were made to protect both of them.

"There, even if a high ranked magic hits you, they won't be able to hurt you" I claimed.

"What is this barrier?" Haru asked.

"Magic nullifier, magic protection, defense barrier, curse protection, psychical barrier, and other barriers to protect you from harm" I replied.

"That is reassuring indeed" Cecilia said, but she is still visibly terrified.

After hours went by, the sun set and the sky got dark. We set out a camp for ourselves including the driver. I took out the food that was stored inside the bag, and handed them over to everyone for dinner. The driver was delighted by the food, as he said, that this was the first time he ate something from a fancy restaurant.

After everyone finished their dinner, we put out the fire, and went to sleep. The driver was the first one to take turn in watching out in the night. Everyone went to sleep except for the driver, but I of course already cast a barrier around us, but it is still wise to have someone on the lookout. Next was cecilia, and then Haru, and the last was me. And this goes by for a few days as we were traveling toward the village near the demon kingdom.

After we got close to one of the villages, we asked the driver to be on standby at a hidden location. I casted a barrier and illusion spell onto the carriage and its surroundings. We gave the driver a week worth of food and beverages, as we knew dealing with demons would sometimes take a lot longer than a day or two.

So we started walking from that point toward the village.

Author note: Things gonna explode here and there. And thank you :D

Here's another art work of mine that is unrelated to the story ofc and shameless plug to my instagram for artwork :v

Ig: EiyuuJou

Here's the artwork