Vol 2 - chapter 4 - Going back to The suspicious Village

Author note: here's a fast update, trying to compensate the procrastination. Horay.

The story:

Seeing how dangerous that man is, I would like to escort Haru to the nearest safe place because I need my rapier, for more convenient reason.

“I’m going to take my sword back, but before that, I’ll safely escort you back to Republic” I said.

She was a bit shocked hearing that statement and she replied, “Republic hates Demi humans, they would caught them and enslave them, please don't…”

So not every country accepted the Demi humans huh… but she would be in danger if she came with me…

“But it would be dangerous you know…” I said.

“But it's better than being a slave.” She pause, “so it's better to come with you, you could with stood the tier 7 magic easily so, you can beat him fairly easy right” she said.

“I’m incapable of answering that Currently, he might used little force on us, because he thought we’re just some adventurers” I replied with a logical answer, because he doesn't even care once he casted his magic.

“That might be true, but that wind pressure was at tier 7, I remembered a court magician does that to silence a thug on a bar” she said.

To be honest, why would a court magician goes to a bar that has thugs, shouldn't they go to a high class bar, or even a fancier one…

“What is the highest tier on magic?” I asked, I wanted to know which level he’s at, if a tier 7 feels nothing, something higher could break something in me.

“It’s Tier 9, although only few court magician could do that, that's the highest a magician could do now, before there were 12 tier, but now magician could only do it to tier 9” she said.

To know means to prepare, having more knowledge could be a good battle strategy. I should lay out some magic barrier on us first, and it's all set.

“Ok, if you're coming with me, please do be careful, I won't be able to protect you all the time, but just in case I’ll cast magic barrier on you.” I said and I reach my hand out and imagine dozens of layer of mana as a barrier, and after that I put it on me, just to be more extra careful.

Having prepared, we quickly went to the village. Just to be sure once again I asked Haru to be careful, and she nodded. The Village seems more empty, well, I knocked down a lot of bandits back then…

Luckily, I saw a bandit putting away a bunch of loots into a building that seems to be a storage. I took Haru’s hand and asked her to calm down, I jumped to a roof quietly and observe the surrounding area. While firmly holding Haru’s hand, I jumped several time until we're close enough to the Storage room, and to be safe, I jumped down myself into the storage leaving her behind on the roof. If she keeps her head down, she won't be noticed.

I searched around the storage room, my sword were not there, I looked everywhere, even the storage that was tidy, became a very messy one.

Bandits came into the room and saw this mess, a few went back, it seems they're going to report the situation, while some went in to see. This is a very bad situation I’m in, because either way I’m kinda screwed.

I have to knock them down first so that I won't be back stabbed while trying to fend of the enemy in front of me.

I was hiding on top of the room, because there's not a lot of place to hide there. As they went past me, I went down and knock them down from behind.

I know it isn't too late to go out unnoticed now since, the process was faster, but went I left the storage, there was a bunch of bandits covering the front door ready to attack. Just how much bandits are here, since when bandits flock this many? This village has became a much more suspicious place than before.

Voice coming behind the bandits, “Hmmm, how are you here…” he said surprised, “doesn't matter, you’ll die with this anyway” he continues.

“God Of war Grant me Thy Boost, O Fire O Nature, Bring Out thy, Fire, EXPLOSION!!”

What! is he insane, behind is a storage you know… I Quickly covered my face with my arms out of reflex, and I hear Haru yelling from above, “That's a Tier 9 MAGIC Watch out!!”

Red, orange, yellow, rapidly changes in front of my eyes, I could feels the heat coming to me, slowly as I thought that I was going to die the second time. After a few second, the small heat that I felt disappeared, and only smoke remains.

“That's done, catch the girl on top of the roof” The Chief said.

As he said that, the smoke disappeared, and I appears unscratched from the explosion, it seems the barrier protected me from all that heat.

“W-what, a Human could withstand a tier 9 Demon Magic!” He slipped his mouth.

So he's not a human, He’s a demon… He’s using humans as bandits and covers for their work?

“As I thought that this village is suspicious, Demon heh?” I said.

“You think I’m afraid of a warrior without her sword?” He showed my sword and Casted more magic.

Thunders and fire surges from all direction toward me, and I heard crack on my side the barrier had broken, and there's still more attack coming for me, I dodge them barely, it tickles, especially the thunders.

A massive smoke covers the entire place and I wasn't able to see anything because I’m in the middle of the smoke. Oh yeah resistance toward all elements…

And the smoke slowly fades...

Author note: sorry to leave it at a cliff hanger :D

Another art from me :D

Nobu Okita and Gudao shopping