Vol 2 - Chapter 3 - The Bandits Chase

Author note: Sorry took long enough, procrastination was only suppose to be 2 weeks but I got sick right after that, my stomach hurts and I was feeling unwell so I was unable to make anything for 1 week.

The story:

Third POV

The group of prisoners have entered the Kingdom’s Teleportation chambers and was treated by the kingdom for some days.

As they told the Queen, “Eri uses the Teleportation Crystal to save them”

“That's just like her” The queen stated and look at them, “I know it was tiring for you, so stay here for a while, and as for the nobles, we will give  to each of your household, please rest here before being pick up by your household representative”.

Back to Eri’s POV

“Aren't you supposed to hate Demons?” I asked confused.

“That what other country would tell you, all Demons are bad” she said, “but I don't think you're a bad one, You helped us did you not?” She continues.

“Well… I’m kinda different you see…” I was a bit hesitant to tell her the truth.

“What do you mean by different?” She asked as she tilted her head.

Should I tell her or should I wait… this is some kind of dilemma, I couldn't make up my mind. I shifted my gaze to her face, a naive, confused expression was on her face, which is quite cute, and her fox ears add the cuteness oh my god. As I was taking my time looking at her without giving her any answer she became even more confused. Oh god, this makes me even want to tell her…

“Okay…” in the end I told her the truth.

After the explanation she seems to understand it, and she seems sleepy, so I put out the bed roll that was given to me and decided to let her use it. I took out the monsters repellent and plug it onto the ground.

It was a bit risky since we haven't move farther away from the village, so I stayed up to guard both of us.

Morning has come and I wake up from the sleep… It seems seeing her face sleeping makes me tired as well. I stretched my arm upward, seeing the beautiful scenery of the forest. I took a glance toward the sleeping fox girl whose name is Haru (it was yesterday when I was explaining her about myself.), she's still sleeping there soundly.

The morning was quite peaceful until a sound from the village started to go off loudly. Haru was forcibly woken by the loud sound and asked me, “What happen Eri?”

“The Village has noticed that we’ve disappeared, they'll start searching for us” I replied.

“That's bad isn't it?” She stretched herself, “we should leave quickly” she said.

Footsteps were already closing on us, they're coming our way faster than I would have imagine. I take a little peek from the bush and someone noticed me and notify the groups.

“Shit we need to run” without thinking I said to Haru and grabbed her hand running the opposite direction from them. I still have mixed feeling about killing humans, that's why I don't want to fight them.

The bandit groups are rushing toward us and at the same time dozens group was also chasing us as our location were found.

This forest is something unfamiliar for me thus I ran with Haru randomly, they were slowly cornering us to a more smaller place, and in the end, a dead end. There’s a lot of bandits and some that look like guards blocking every corner of escape route. There are a lot of level 40 warriors and assassin among the bandits that was cornering us and a bunch of low level bandits, the number was to great, and if I attack this would be a one-sided massacre.

“WHERE’S THE OTHER GIRLS!” The same voice back then burst behind the group of bandits. He show himself revealing that it was the village chief who stubbornly asked me to stay inside the village. His level was at the higher-ups, a 90 caster… is he some kind of magician, I should have seen it clearly.

“They’re already long gone, in fact they’re already at empire!” Haru replied terrified but still able to give quite a force.

“NONSENSE! TELL ME WHERE THEY ARE OR YOU’LL GET RAPED BY THIS MENS 24/7” the Village chief said angrily.

Her posture became more fragile and she quivers, yet she still says, “they're not here!” She firmly said.

He reach his hand forward, cast and chant, “O wind O nature, Grant them, Wind Pressure!”

“Do it mens, do them as you please!” He said, as he slowly disappeared to the crowd of bandits.

Suddenly wind pressure from above gushed toward me, but I felt nothing, on the other hand I saw Haru kneeling on the ground unable to stand up.

“Ugh, Eri… I couldn't… this… tier 7 magic…” she said vaguely trying to fight the Pressure.

There's tier in magic? Hmmmm never know if there's tiers on magic before.

The bandits are coming closer with loosened belts and pants ready to attack, as if they're a lustful demon.

I tried using my Nightmare pleasure on them but it didn't work, there's something else intercepting the skill. I tried to take my sword from  my hips but… it wasn't there…

I reach my hand forward, slowly imagine a wind pressure high enough to knock back all the bandits down without killing them and release the mana input through my hand. A high pressure wind at about 100 km/h speed ran through all the bandits and instantly knock them back to the ground and trees around. The one with bad luck was those who hit trees, they make cracking sounds and ugh sounds.

After they all fell down unconscious, especially suddenly getting hit with something that hard, there was no trace of the Village’s chief, he was long gone not know that his mens have fallen.

“Where is that man, he’s not here!!” I shouted.

Haru still on a kneeling position even after the pressure from that man’s magic disappeared, was shock.

“Y-you stopped them while handling those pressure?” She asked.

“What pressure?” I asked tilting my head.

“W-what! And you're not even chanting any word!!” A whole new level of shock was introduced to her.

“but didn't I used it back then, and you didn't bats an eye” I asked.

“I wasn't paying attention because i was still frightened” she replied.

“Ah…” Oh yeah I remembered she was pushed right before teleporting, that would be a bad experience.

Author note: thanks for reading.

And here's something new, I'll put my drawing in every end of a story to clear your eyes. If don't want to see don't scroll down, but to bad for phone readers :D

It's a fan art of nobu FGO summer.