Vol 2 - Chapter 8 - What's this?

Haru looked at me surprised, yet she didn't hesitate to ask, “Why are you going to the Demon Kingdom?”

Looking at her expression, seems like she's worried about me, I guess that's reasonable, so I replied, “Well I had to get information whether the Demon King is truly going to engage a war with the Humans.”

Hearing this new information, Haru was in shock, probably this was never supposed to be leak or it will cause a mass panic, and she was worried to ask, but she did, “i-i-is it true?” She ask stuttering.

Well hearing ‘there will be war’ will give chills to everyone's spine I guess. War isn't something to take light of, it took countless victim, torture everywhere, and all those inhumane stuff.

Seeing her like that, I tried to calm her down, “the thing is, we don't know yet, that's just speculation from nobles across the country, that's why I’m trying to uncover the truth.” Saying with a forced smile, because if war will broke out, this child live could turn 180°, and I don't think I could also with stood the mental suffering from that.

Her fear seem to went down, and that was shown in her sigh of relief.

So after that, I look around to see the actual outcome of the battle. I wasn't paying attention as it would hinder me while fighting. So the battle destroyed a lot of trees, houses, and grounds. The most noticeable was the burn mark on the ground and the disappearance of trees and grounds in a straight lines. I took this fight a bit to seriously and the damage was too big.

I looked at the Demon Chief corpse, and I’ve notice something. If this village was related to Demons, perhaps I could find some information regarding Demon Kingdom.

I shifted my gaze toward Haru who was amazed by the damage the battle caused, and I ask her something, “would you help me find some documents?” She then flinched and immediately reply.

“Of course, I would love to” she said, as her eyes were glittering as if she gonna be useful.

I open a tab, and sent an invitation for party toward haru, “Well then, don't be shock by what you will see in front of you” I said to her before I pressed the invite, and she was tilting confused.

She took a step back as I pressed it and, “what's this?!” She asked.

Well there's no way she would know what this is, this isn't something that this world mechanism has, this probably will appear for reincarnators and Heroes.

“So this is like a party system on my world” I replied with a simple answer.

Still looking confuse but somewhat understand about the party, “so I just press on this floating plane?” She asked.

“Yes, well do you want to or not, it's up for you to decide” I said, giving her a chance to back off.

“Of course I will, so I just have to press yes” and so she does, and notification appears on my end.

The notification stated that:

Haru has agreed to party with you

All of your blessing will be applied to an existing party member by half except for Kami's blessing which is only 15%

All kill experience will be shared equally

All member Status are previewable to the leader of the party

What… so game like system where party buff exist… I’ll just keep my mouth shut, or people would want this to get stronger.

So I shifted my gaze toward Haru, she seems happy and all, and I look at her stats,

Name: Haru

Lv: 35

Gender: Female

Race: Beastman (Fox)

Job: Assassin (35) Magician (15)

HP: 3540

MP: 1546

MA (magic attack): 435

MD (magic defense): 324

AP (attack power): 318

Def: 213

Spd (speed): 150

Luck: 23

Blessing:

MP Recovery (100 MP every minute will be recovered be it sleeping, walking, running, etc)

Language translation

Resistance to all 7 attributes (half Ver.)

Kami's blessing (increase 15% all stats)

I want to know something, does my party member get the same mechanism I have? I’ll ask Haru, “Haru, try to say 'status’.”

And so she does, “whoa, I could see my stats without touching the crystal ball” she was excited like a child. As she analyze her stats, she was shocked, “there weren't any blessings before what's this, and why is my stats a lot higher…”

She was curious and decided to ask me about the addition, so I reply “my blessing apply to my party member, for some reason…”

Haru was really excited, she jumped around and was humming, “Although a bit cheating, but I guess this is some kind of blessings for me” she continues to hum and dance around.

Giving her a few moment, as she took this a bit too long, I cleared my throat to tell Haru that there something more important, and she stops dancing, “ehemm, I’m sorry, I was just too delighted” she said happily.

I looked around and said, “Let's search the houses first of all”.

We search around the house for few hours and found nothing, and there's only one house left that was untouched by us. The house were fancier than the other, it was bigger, and some of the exterior were cement. This was a rare finding, especially in this kind of world, or perhaps the Demon Kingdom has advance a bit further than the other? Who knows.

I opened the door, and it look pretty much like the other houses. We search the house through and through and noting noticeable. There were an office inside the house, and it was the last place we visited inside the house. Behind the room was shelves filled with books and a table, like the usual office would look like.

We found a bunch of documents there, but nothing regarding the Demon Kingdom. After searching around the room, Haru accidentally pulled of a book from one of the shelves and it opens a door to a secret underground.

I told Haru to stay in the office for look out, and I went in by myself. Inside was a table, a chair, and a box. I approach the box to find some interesting documents, even though I haven't read the documents and letters, but what caught my interest was, a letter from the head priest to this Demon Chief. I took the box up and put it on the office table.