Chapter 27

I lead Kali around Hawkins, which I was pretty familiar with at this point. We went to Eleven's house but no one was home so we went over to the police station.

As I was about to open the door, Kali pulled me back.

"What the heck?", she said.

"We are going to Jane, or Eleven," I told her.

"Really? Because this looks like a police station," she said.

"Her dad is the head sheriff."

"Was this all a trap to get me arrested?"

"I didn't know you was criminal before you told me and came to Hawkins," I said before entering the station.

Kali followed me behind. Since many of the officers at the station knew me, I was easily let into the office and I knocked on Hopper's office door. Eleven said that Hopper was not in but I told her it was me. She opened the door and saw Kali standing behind me.

"Kali?", she said, pushing me aside.

"Jane!", Kali squealed before hugging her.

"How did you find us?", Eleven asked, breaking the hug.

"Denise contacted me," she said.

She stood there for a second looking at me.

"You used your mind powers to contact her on your own?", she asked.

"Yeah, never gonna do that again though," I replied.

She looked around, then invited us into the office.

"Where's your Dad?"

"He's out investigating some store that just got robbed."

"Do you have the files of the missing children?"

"Denise, I told you we aren't going to go through with that plan."

"Just pass it over," I said.

She walked over to the desk and pulled out a drawer. She tossed the file onto the table. I opened it up and Kali stood behind me.

"What's this all about?"

"These are the articles of all the children that were kidnapped by Hawkins Lab. And we want to contact them. The problem is, the rest of the kids live outside of Hawkins and some go as far as Texas and California. Eleven and I are too weak to contact these kids, even with our powers combined. We think that if you help by combining yours with ours, we can contact the kids," I explain.

"But why do we need all the kids to come back to Hawkins? You told me that the scientists have been captured and Hawkins Lab is shut down," she asked.

"Well, there is still one place where we have not fully settled with," I said.

"The upside down?"

"Yeah."

"And what do we have to do with that?"

"I think that, with all our powers combined, we can stop the mind flayer and put the worlds at peace with each other."

"By defeating one giant shadow monster, you think that the world's would be at peace?"

"Just think of the mind flayer as the Nazis or Germany and that The Upside Down is Poland or Russia or something. If we help to get rid of the Nazis or German occupation, then the Upside Down would obviously be at peace."

"What?"

"Fine then. Think of the Mind Flayer as a disease-"

"No I get the references. It's just that, I think there is more to the Upside Down than the Mind Flayer," Kali said.