Chapter 38

They got out of their chairs and went over to talk to each other.

Kali went over to Harry and they started talking and the other numbers just talked among each other. I was about to walk towards Dustin was Sabrina came up to me.

"Hey, you are Denise, 005?", she asked.

"Yeah," I said.

"Thanks just needed to clarify. There are so many people here and so many names to remember," she said.

"I know I also need time to be familiar with everyone," I said.

"Anyways, you, me, Kali and Harry escaped together right?", she asked.

"Yeah, we did," I said, excited.

"What happened to you after we split up?", I asked her.

"Even though you have already unlocked my memories, I still couldn't find my parents. So I ran with Harry, and we approached a road and just ran down it. There was an orphanage up ahead and we were running towards it when the Hawkins Lab scientists found us. I was able to turn invisible and hide but Harry was caught. I wasn't strong enough to fight back so I continued to hide until the scientists left. Once they were gone, I went to the orphanage. They let me stay for the night, and they were able to identify me as one of the missing children. They managed to contact my parents and we moved to San Francisco a few weeks later."

"Was it the same orphanage that the other children went to?", I asked.

"I guess. When I was there for a day, none of the kids came. Anyways, what happened to you?", she asked.

"I don't know how I did it, but that night I managed to find a place to hide and then I found my parents in the morning, because I had a memory of my home. I then moved to New York that same week."

"Woah, you were able to remember your surroundings at two?", she said in awe.

"Guess I must be special," I said sarcastically, flipping my hair.

She laugh, then looked around the room.

"Do you see Kali or Harry?", she asked.

"I think they are on the other side of the room talking to each other," I said, also looking around and pointing at them.

"Probably having the same conversation?"

"Haha probably not."

"How do you know?"

"Kali so has a crush on Harry."

"How do you know?"

"Dude it can read minds," I reminded her.

"Oh yeah," she said.

"They are definitely talking about other stuff. If you know what I mean," I said.

She laughed at me and I did too.

We looked across the room and saw Kali and Harry talking to each other. Kali was playing with her hair while talking to him and Harry was giggling about something.

"They are so cute and they just like met each other after 10 years," she whispered.

"Yeah that's crazy," I whispered back.

It's like longer than Eleven's and Mike's separation.

"Should we interrupt?", she whispered.

"Yeah, let's slowly creep up on them," I whispered.

We were in the middle of the room so we just pretended to talk while walking towards them.

"So, you moved to Arizona, how's it like?", Kali asked him, in a very shy tone.