Chapter 31

Its been a few days since we went to the prison. Hopper was settling everything during those few days. Finding where he can get the children to stay, getting some officers to watch the scientists as they get ready the "steroids", and making sure the Mind Flayer doesn't get out of hand. We had free time during those days so I spent them with the party.

The Party was teaching Kali how to ride a bike and we went to the arcade a few times. We once went over to Mike's house to watch movies too. Kali was already getting close to them, closer than I was to them. We also had sleepovers. Today, the boys were in the basement playing D&D and the girls weren't allowed to play so we stayed upstairs watching ET again.

Kali sat next to me on the couch with Max and Eleven. We shared one big bowl of popcorn. Then, Kali started talking.

"So, what's it like with your boyfriends?", she asked.

Eleven and Max looked at her and so did I.

"Oh, Lucas is nice. We go for walks in parks and stuff. He brought me to the theatre once to see Back To The Future," Max said.

"Mike and I also went with her, it was a double date," Eleven said.

"Yeah," Max said.

"What about the kissing parts?", Kali asked.

Max and Eleven stared at her uncomfortably. They couldn't bring themselves to answer. I mean, what kind of question was that?

"Um... that's a standard part of a relationship," Max said.

"Yeah," Eleven also said, blushing in embarrassment.

"Do you plan on having a boyfriend?", Max asked.

"No, maybe, I don't know," Kali said.

"Before Eleven found me in Chicago last year, I was numb inside. I couldn't feel much. But after Eleven found me, something shifted inside and now I can feel pity for others. And it doesn't help when I am a "criminal". I now hesitate killing people and sometimes even robbing stores. My friends all know that something changed and they get angry at me because now I'm usually the one that cause some missions to fail. Plus, now that Denise asked me to come to Hawkins and after meeting you all, I see what it is like to have friends who have empathy for each other. And I can see the love between the couples in the group too, which had made me consider maybe getting a boyfriend," Kali explained.

"Are you jealous?", Eleven asked.

"No, maybe. I don't know, I never really experienced the type of love you all have as friends before Eleven found me. And even after that, it was only the company of one person. I never really craved for affection. But I am reconsidering everything," Kali said.

"Calm down, it might just be teenage hormones," I told her.

"Shut up, you have a boyfriend too," she said.

"Well, I got back with Dustin like two days ago," I said.

"Got back? So technically you've been with him for more than two days," Kali argued.

"Actually, we've never really been official," I corrected her.

"Bullshit," Max laughed.

"Yeah, you guys were definitely kissing and stuff," Eleven also laughed.

"Did not," I argued.

"Did to," Max said.

"Did anyone tell you we did?", I said.

"No one told me. But it's obvious that you guys have before," Max said.

"You slept over at his place before," Eleven pointed out.