Chapter 48

"What is it?", I asked Kali once she pulled me to a corner.

"I'm sorry. Sabrina and I spilled the beans. Now everyone knows that you can bring back memories," Kali whispered, looking down.

"What?!", I exclaimed.

"Yeah, I know. I'm sorry, we couldn't  control ourselves and told Lainie, who in turn told everyone. And now everyone wants their memories back," Kali continued to whisper.

I was not exactly sure why she was whispering. But I think it adds to the drama.

"Oh my gosh," I mumbled to myself.

"Did you tell them what I told you and Sabrina last night? That they should think about it first and that it can complicated if it is not the right time," I asked her.

"We did, but they seemed too excited to care," she told me.

God damn it, I thought to myself.

"It's okay, I'll deal with this myself," I said.

"Yeah, sorry," she apologized again.

"It's okay," I put a hand on her shoulder.

I walked towards the others who were sitting on the couches and bean bags talking.

"Hey Denise, we were thinking about playing captain's ball again after lunch," Sabrina said when she noticed me.

"Oh cool," I said, sitting on the couch, beside Dustin.

"With superpowers?", I asked.

"Obviously," Lainie said enthusiastically as usual.

It was nice to see everyone charged up and energised again. We haven't really had time to talk for the past few days, but we did enjoy the comfortable silence. Right now, they were sitting on the couches and bean bags talking to one another. Clarissa was braiding Mildred's hair. Jose and Louise was laughing about something. Tyler was cuddling next to Will on the sale beanbag. Harry and Kali were also sharing a beanbag and talking. Eleven, Sabrina and Harry were talking too. The party members sat on an empty couch and started talking too.

"What are you planning to do today?", I asked Dustin.

"Mike brought his D&D board, and other board game stuff, as well as new movies for us to watch. We will probably be here in the afternoon," he said.

"Is Steve coming later? I want to earn more candy from him, plus he still owes me," Tyler asked.

"Does he not know you have powers?", Will asked.

"He knows, but he doesn't know I can read the future. I lied, I told him I could read minds. I asked him to tell me what he was thinking of, and I say it at the same time. And I used my powers to predict what he would say," Tyler said.

"Wow, that's good manipulation," Kali said.

"By the way Tyler, Steve is coming later," Dustin answered him.

"With the candy he owes me?"

"Yes," Dustin said.

Damn, if Tyler gambles in the future, he would be rich.

"Um, guys, we need to talk," I said, getting their attention.

The numbers, except Eleven, looked at me, and they knew what I was going to talk about. The others were clueless though.

"Will you help us?", Lainie asked.

"About that," I said nervously.

"About what?", Dustin snapped.