Part 3

A few days has passed and I still felt regret from hurting Amumu's feelings. At the same time, he was kind to me. Amumu was always there for me when I needed him so I felt grateful to have a friend like him. Deep inside I still loved my mother even though she cursed at me.

"Annie?" Amumu said as he peered into the room.

"Lunch is ready" He said and closed the door. I picked up Tibbers and walked down the stairs. When I sat, I watched the conversation between Amumu and his parents. It seemed warm for a reason. I wanted that to happen between my parents too. Except I know that would never happen since my mother wants to send me away and my father wouldn't care more or less. I ate my lunch in silence. I could tell Amumu was feeling sorry for me. I did not need pity. I needed love. When I finished, I went to my room and took out a piece a paper. I grabbed my pencil and started writing.

"Dear Mother and Father,

I know I haven't been the best daughter. I also know that you regret bringing me to this world. Even if you curse at me or hate me, I will always love you and thank you for taking care of me. I'm sorry for causing you all the trouble I ever did. I hope you will find it in your heart to forgive me.

-Annie"

I folded the letter and put it inside an envelope. I then picked up Tibbers and went down the stairs. Just as I was about to open the door, Amumu asked.

"Where are you going Annie? I turned around and showed my envelope.

"To apologize" I said and smiled.

"I'm coming too" Amumu said and ran up the stairs. He grabbed his jacket and came back. We went out and walked until we stopped at a mailbox in front of my house.

"You're not giving it to her upfront?" Amumu asked.

"Not yet. I need to know if she will accept it." I said. When we arrived home, I went to my room and started to talk to Amumu. We played for a while, finished chores, did our homework and more fun, but I still felt empty until one day. I found a letter in the mail box in front of Amumu's house which had my name on it. I ran up the stairs and opened the letter. I then read.

"Dear Annie,

I'm sorry I said all those hurtful things to you. I was just afraid of the things you were capable in doing. I didn't mean to send you away. I wanted you to be able to control your powers so that one day you can help people instead of hurting them. I know very well how much you want to help people. In the end, you always mess up and you would get upset so I wanted to help you to be able to help them. I am sorry if I made you misunderstand me. I hope you will come back to be soon.

Love, Mom"

I hugged the letter close to me and started crying. Amumu later then came and saw me crying. He gave me a big hug and said.

"Go." He smiled at me and I nodded happily. I ran out of the house and came to a stop at the front of my home. I rang the doorbell and saw my mother standing there. I didn't let her say a word and jumped on her to give her the biggest hug I have ever given. My mother laughed and patted my head while tears were streaming down her face. That night, I thanked Amumu and his parents for taking care of me and moved back into my house. I looked around my room until my mom called for dinner. I ran to the dining table and sat in my seat humming and swinging my legs. When my mother set the food down, my father walked in the room and saw me. He smiled and said.

"Welcome home." I gave a big smile and ran to hug him.