12: Hot Date

Apparently, Helena was in my class.

How I figured that out was by walking into my fifth period to find her in my seat. My teacher paused his lesson, which I was late for, to give me a snooty look. “Well well, look who finally made it to class.”

“Yep,” I sighed. I saw the seat next to Helena was vacant, and I gave the teacher a weird look. Why didn’t he just give her that seat?

He looked irritated as he pointed to the seat, I gave him an uninterested thumbs up and walked over to the seat, sliding into it and slumping automatically, throwing my backpack on the desk and taking my phone out to text Tim about how much I wanted to go home and eat the fried chicken on my counter.

Helena flipped her hair to get it off of her shoulder, slumping forward a little to gaze at the floor where her eraser had bounced off to. I set my phone down to pick it up for her, handing it to her with a charming smirk. A small smile stretched onto her face, making my heart speed up.

“Kellen, are you just about done flirting?”

“Nope,” I spoke, unable to take my eyes away from her. A blush reddened her cheeks. “I’ve just started.” I winked, leaning back into my chair to look at the teacher. “Oh, do continue.”

“Are you asking for a detention?”

“Not exactly.”

“Yes, you are!”

“Apologies,” I spoke, lifting my hands in the air in defense, taking out a pen and paper. “I’ll take notes on. . . “

“Hamlet!”

“Yes, Hamlet. Definitely.”

As soon as his eyes left mine and went back to the board, I picked my phone back up and started to play 8-Ball Pool on my phone.

When the bell rang to go to 6th period, or in my case, home, I made sure to keep close to Helena as we all pooled out of the classroom.

When she started walking to the library, which was on the way to the front of the school, I rushed over to her. “Hey!”

She turned to see me, surprised. “Hey!” She greeted. “Where you heading to?”

“Home. I have no 6th period,” I chuckled softly.

“Me neither, I’m heading to the library to study, though.”

“Oh, that’s smart of you,” I smiled. “Hey, I have two tickets to a movie on Friday, and I would very much like to take you. What do you say?”

“Ooh, you’re quick to make a move, I like that!” she winked.

“Well, I’m sure others have made a move on a pretty girl like you, I wanted to knock out any competition.” I winked.

“Oh, trust me, you did. What time on Friday?”

“Uhm, I have to check on the tickets.

“Text me when you know,” she slipped her hand in my pocket, causing me to panic for a good five seconds since her hand basically brushed down my whole thigh, and took my phone out. She input her number, then waved with her fingers, slipping into the library. “See ya!”

I laughed softly, putting my phone back in my pocket, heading to my car. Layla was going to Damian’s afterschool.

I blasted the music while heading to the movie theatre to buy tickets to a movie afterschool on Friday.