19: Number Three

“Why?” I shouted. “Why?” I groaned now, walking over to the wall and smacking my head against it. “Ugh! I don’t want another!”

Mom giggled, walking over to me and hugging me. “But Kellen, you’re old enough to be able to help me with it, right? You and Layla?”

“Why can’t dad know?”

“I don’t know how to tell him. . .” She sighed.

“Tell me what?” Dad asked, walking in with his makeup clean off. He was currently applying makeup on the scars to hide them so he looked like a normal Gothamite. His hair was blonde now, as he had cleaned the green out for the day.

Mom bit her lip, looking at him. “That you’re beautiful.”

My dad gave her a look before going to the kitchen. “Not gonna bother. . .” He chuckled.

I looked at my mom. “Why didn’t you tell him just now?”

“We aren’t too old for another?”

“Mom, you’re thirty-seven. Eva Mendes had one at forty. I think you’ll be fine. Evas can do it.”

Mom sighed. “Alright. . . .”

~Eva’s pov~

Thirty-seven. . . .Where did the time go? Wow, I was old as balls now. Not really, but kind of.

“Sweetheart? Love of my life? Apple of my eye? Thesis statement to my essay? Darling?” I cooed as I walked into the kitchen, following my husband.

His eyes shuffled over to look at me questioningly. “Thesis statement to my essay?” he started snickering. “What the fuck? What do you want, pumpkin?”

I slipped my hands up his chest and around his neck. He pulled me tighter. “Darling. . .”

“Oh, you want sex. . . .” Jack spoke, eyes widening at my movements. I snickered.

“No. Well, yes, but that isn’t what I’m getting at.”

“What are you getting at?”

I bit my lip. “Errr. . . .I’m pregnant.”

Jack’s eyes widened, and he groaned. “Fuck.”

“Do you not want it?”

“I do want it, but right now is really not the time.”

“Sweetheart, I only have three years left before my eggs go kablooey! Eva Mendes had her baby at forty and I am also named Eva! I don’t want to risk a baby any later than that!”

He looked thoroughly concerned at my logic before laughing so hard he let go of me to curl up and set his hands on his knees. “Darling, I love you. Did you know that?” he kissed me, still laughing.

I smirked. “Yes, did you know I love you, too?” I ran my fingers through his hair.

We heard gagging and turned to see Kellen passing through, grabbing an apple on his way out. I giggled. I loved my family so much.

“So that’s why you’ve not come with me to work. It wasn’t to sleep in and be lazy.”

“Basically.”

“How far along are you?”

“About a month.”

He thought for a moment. “Ah.”

“Yep.”

“So that’ll teach me to not use protection.”

“Sweetie. We have two other children. You just learned now?”

He laughed. “Third time outta teach me.”

“Oopsie number three!”

He started laughing. “Now go lay down or pamper yourself or whatever.”

“But I have eight months to go, you want me to start pampering now?”

“Hell, you do anyways. Now you actually have permission to not give a shit about our work or chores.”

“Fuuuuck yeah!” I grabbed a powdered doughnut. “Gotta get knocked up more often.”

His eyes widened and he started to laugh. “Almost thought you were serious.”

I smirked. “Maybe I am,” I sang before prancing away.