Chapter 2

Arsal.

We came back from the lunch not too long after that comment I made to Jiya but I couldn't stop myself from saying that because it actually hurt that she hadn't even wanted to text me a 'Hi' when she was my wife

She had given me that smile in reply that had seemed so damn sad and filled with regret. I don't know why but I felt guilty for doing that. But it also made think that if I had the power to hurt her then maybe just maybe I might have some importance in her life.

After we had arrived home Jiya had been bombarded with hugs and greetings from everyone. The girls had wanted to take her away to their room and probably talk about their clothes but she had declined saying that she needed to see Dadi Jan.

She had stayed with her for so long behind that locked door that I couldn't even comprehend what they were talking about.

I had been working on my laptop in the study room since today was a Saturday. I had to prepare a big presentation for some Qatari investors coming in next week.

While working I had lost track of time and I finally lifted my head to look at the clock it was already 8:15 in the evening. I knew that dinner was gonna be served by 8:30 so I got up and freshened myself up a bit and made my way to the dining room.

There were only Daniyal, Ruhail and Kiran in the room. I sat down besides Daniyal on the dining table and asked him. "You still jet lag?"

He laughed at that and replied. "No, I'm not jet lag but my sister definitely is. She has been sleeping for so long!" He was joking I knew and I couldn't help but laugh because it wasn't that long of a flight from Islamabad to Karachi and she was sleeping like she had spent the last few days travelling the whole world.

When everyone was at the table Rehman Uncle asked Naina. "Nazneen is Jiya still sleeping?"

She shook her head no and replied to him. "No, she woke up a bit ago but she had a headache so she told me that she would just skip dinner."

Hearing that Daniyal stood up from besides me and asked mom for the directions of the kitchen. And then disappeared.

Rehman Uncle and Mehru Aunty didn't seem that worried that Jiya had a headache or that Daniyal had just left dinner when dad asked them Mehru Aunty said that.

"It's what they do. They take care of each other when one of them is sick or has a headache." She was proud, you could see it on her face and so was Rehman Uncle.

5 to 6 minutes later Daniyal came with a tray in hand which already had a cup in it and then he took a plate put some food in it and left to Naina's room, where Jiya was.

I just hope that her headache has nothing to do with me.

Jiya.