Chapter 11

Arsal.

My eyes were so heavy, I couldn't open them

My eyes were so heavy, I couldn't open them. My head was hurting really badly like someone had banged my head repeatedly in a wall.

My whole body hurt as if hit by a train. I couldn't move my eye lids they were so heavy. I could hear a constant beeping of something and it smelled like chemicals.

After a really long time of trying to get my eye lids open, it finally paid off.

As soon as my eyes opened a white light so bright blinded me and I closed my eyes again. Next time I opened them slowly, my vision was a bit blurry. When my eyes finally found their focus I could see white walls and white lights and white sheets and white clothes.

I also had a white cast on my left hand, my neck was sore and my throat was dry as a desert.

I tried to move and pain shot through my left hand. Just then Abba and Ammi entered the room from a door on the right.

"Arsal! Qadir he's awake." Ammi came to me as soon as she saw me. "How's my son feeling now?" She held my right hand lightly as tears gathered in her eyes.

"Arsal have some water." Abba put some more pillows under my head and helped me in a semi sitting position.

Then he made me drink water from a straw.

I closed my eyes and a picture of Jiya flashed through my eyes. Panic started to set in and I finally realized what had happened.

I looked towards Abba. Both of my parents seemed to have read the panic in my eyes.

"Jiya-" Before I could form a sentence from my really hoarse voice Ammi cut me off.

"She's fine. The doctor said that she is okay just a little uncoordinated." She rubbed my right shoulder trying to soothe my panic.

What I missed was a sad and panicked look that my mother sent to my father and the shake of his head that my father gave her.

I nodded and looked down at my hand.

What the hell happened?

.

After the doctor had checked up on me and said I was clear for now, I couldn't stop asking my parents to take me to see Jiya. I wanted to see for myself if she was okay.

When they finally agreed to take me to see her they shifted me in a wheel chair with the help of a guy on the hospital staff.

When we arrived in front of a private room Ammi bent down to my level and started saying. "Whatever happens in there don't aggravate her. Okay?"

That just confused me is she not okay? "Why? Is some-" Abba patted my shoulder and Ammi opened the door.

Abba wheeled me in the room. Rehman Uncle, Mehru Aunty and Daniyal were inside. Daniyal and Mehru Aunty sitting on a sofa in the corner and Rehman Uncle by the chair besides Jiya's bed.