Chapter 6

Arsal.

The next few days were spent making sure all the preparations were in order for the wedding, all the reservations were taken care of and all that

Which had proven to be hard considering that something had happened and the Hall where the Mehendi Function was to be held was not reserved or something.

"Abba I have tried everything. They're saying that there was a mishap and that the reservations got mixed up." I was pacing the living room as I explained everything.

Abba, Rehman Uncle, Mohsin Uncle 'Shams' father', Shams, Daniyal and Rohail all were sitting, brain storming to come up with a solution to this. All the guests had been invited and the caterers were booked and now? We don't have the venue anymore.

Just then Jiya came down the stairs eating something. She looked at all of us and confusion spread throughout her face.

"What's happening here?" She questioned no one in particular but Rehman Uncle replied instatly.

"We no longer have a venue for the Mehendi Function." He said rubbing his temples.

"What's the problem with that?" She asked lightly as she sat on the arm of Rehman Uncle's sofa.

"The problem my dear is that no venue means where are we going to hold the function?" Abba told her like she was a five year old who couldn't understand simple things.

"Why don't you guys just have the function here?" She was looking at us like we were stupid.

Her idea did make sense. I mean the backyard is really big and is enough for the Mehendi Function where not a lot of people are invited.

"She's right!" I looked at Abba and Mohsin Uncle to make my point. "I mean we would have to tell the caterers to deliver food here. The guests are only family and close friends so we can call them and we would just need to decorate and we still have a week till the function."

I had already started planning what we would need and how things will be done. Jiya had given a brilliant idea.

"See! no big deal." Jiya waved her hand dismissively and walked away to the kitchen.

"I'll make the arrangements, Abba why don't you tell Ammi and Phuppo to call the guests?" Abba nodded at that and I followed Jiya to the kitchen.

She was making something in the frying pan and it smelled amazing.

"I didn't know you could cook." I sat down at one of the chairs and turned it to face her.

"You don't know a lot about me." She turned to look at me as well.

"What are you making?" I pointed behind her and she just shrugged at me. "French toast."

"You know I suddenly have the urge to eat french toasts." I acted as though I had suddenly had a craving for them and looked around me like they would suddenly appear in front of me.