Chapter 9

Jiya.

Today is The Barat of Naina and Shams Bhai

The last week between me and Arsal had been awkward, with him trying to talk to me and me avoiding him at all costs trying to come to terms with everything that he told me.

He said they were involved with the mafia somehow, how were we to do something about it?

All the time I kept thinking about the threat that he told me of. What would happen to us now? Will they attack someone from our family? Or will they attack us?

A day or two after the Nikkah Arsal's parents told the two of us to go and pick up Naina's wedding dress since she herself had to be at the Salon and I was the only other person who knew the changes that were to be made so I had to go and pick up the dress.

But of course they told me to go with Arsal. And after picking up the dress Arsal wanted to go have lunch which ended in quite a disaster neither one of us was ready for.

.

"You know we can get something to eat." Arsal said to me as he drove out of the parking lot of the boutique.

"No, I don't want to keep Naina waiting." I tried to make an excuse but I realise my mistake now.

Arsal just smiled at me and shook his head. "She's in the Salon for the whole day. If anyone will be waiting, it's going to be you." He looked at me before looking back at the road.

"What if I don't want to eat out at some restaurant?" I asked him with my tone serious.

"I can take you to a Dhaba if you want." He replied without missing a beat.

And I just shook my head at him. "Just somewhere a bit private please." I gave in facing him now.

He gave me a huge smile as he said. "Of course." And nodded.

.

We were on one of the tables on the roof top of the hotel where only a few people were present.

"It's a beautiful view." I commented as I took in the beauty of the sea in daylight from my seat.

"Not as beautiful as mine." He said barely above a whisper but it got my attention. He was looking at me.

I felt my cheeks heat up but I just shook my head as I took a sip of my drink.

"Would you please talk to me." Arsal told me as he took one hand of mine in his from across the table.

"Arsal-" But he cut me off.

"Just talk to me." He was looking me in the eyes. I could see the sincerity in them as clear as day.

"I don't know what to say Arsal." I gave him an honest answer. After I had learned everything about his past, I didn't know what to say to him. Or how to approach any topic that I wanted to discuss.