Chapter 12

Arsal.

The week after the accident was spent working with Daniyal and Affan Kareem along with my employee Shariq and another friend of mine Jamal, who is a lawyer, planning our plan of attack on Rohan Shah and his associates

Affan was actually very helpful as he knew a lot of the higher officers in the army being from an army family and an army officer himself, he pulled a few strings and we had a very strong case made by Jamal.

Affan was certain that we could send Rohan away for a lifetime in cases of manslaughter, kidnappings and a lot of white collar crimes along with property crimes.

What I was just worried about now was Jiya and her memory. Like the doctor had said her memory was very slowly yet also very suddenly coming back.

Like when she woke up or while doing something she would remember something or some memory related to it.

But the thing she still hadn't remembered was our Nikkah or the time we had spent together in the past month.

I tried to remind her but every time she would get so flustered, frustrated and angry around me and in the end she would just run away, not listening to anything.

Maybe she was right to feel so but I wanted her to remember us. I wanted her to remember me.

I still had to have my left hand in a cast, so I was really not happy at all with the stress of Rohan and Rida and Jiya's memories when an idea struck me.

How had I not thought of it before. Dadi Jan had a whole video of mine and Jiya's Nikkah. We could just show her that to make her at least believe that I actually am her husband.

I made my way to Dadi Jan's room and knocked lightly before entering.

When I walked in I saw Jiya there sitting with Dadi Jan. She was talking but stopped upon seeing me.

I offered her a soft smile and she just bent her head and started looking at her hands in her lap. I lightly shook my head and looked at Dadi Jan, she was looking at me with an encouraging smile.

I just lightly shook my head and started. "Dadi Jan, I need to talk to you." I didn't want to say anything in front of Jiya, she might not watch it if she knew what it was.

"Yes dear, what is it?" Dadi Jan asked me while patting the bed so I would sit in front of her.

"Umm... Dadi Jan maybe.." I looked towards Jiya and then back at her telling her that I don't want to say it in front of Jiya.

She narrowed her eyes at me and then put her hand on Jiya's shoulder and very sweetly asked her. "Jiya, sweetheart can you get me a glass of water from the kitchen?" Jiya nodded and was out of the room like a bullet.

"What is it?" She asked me in a soft tone with a small smile.

"I was thinking that maybe you can show Jiya... The-the video?" I was nervous now because of what might be her reaction.