Part 4 - Prince of Peace

Part 4 - Prince of Peace ©2018 CarolynAnnAish

What a wonderful name for our Lord Jesus —Prince of Peace.

Some years ago, I learned a short song, using this name, Prince of Peace, and this song includes other names our Lord was given — it is, very much, a 'Christmassy' kind of song... but totally from the Scriptures themselves...

"For unto us a child is born, Unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder; and His Name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, and The Prince of Peace, is He."

This song comes directly, word for word, from Isaiah Chapter 9 verse 6.

No wonder, when Jesus was in a boat, in the middle of a raging storm, he could sleep. He is, after all, 'The Prince of PEACE'.

Had he not told His disciples, "Let us pass over to the other side." This should have been enough to reassure them...

From the King James Version of the Bible, KJV: Mark Chapter 4 —

35 And the same day, when the even was come, he saith unto them, Let us pass over unto the other side.

36 And when they had sent away the multitude, they took him even as he was in the ship. And there were also with him other little ships.

37 And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full.

38 And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?

39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.

40 And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?

In the same situation, I'd likely have been petrified, clinging to the mast, my eyes closed, and praying for deliverance, yet not believing it was possible.

We can be like this in the storms of life - the trials and troubles that face us each day; the hurdles we think we must jump (when Jesus can either destroy the hurdle, or carry us over them) - they often seem way too high, impossible; the expectations too great... but Jesus, the One Who can sleep in any storms, He encourages us to 'Cast all our cares on Him' - not to worry, fret or to be anxious about anything, past, present, or future. To live in the present, the now; to trust Him fully. To lean on Him. To let Him carry us when we cannot walk alone... 

Most of all, to know and believe and behave that we know and believe — WE ARE NOT ALONE!

YOU ARE NOT ALONE! — YOU are not alone! — You are NOT alone! — You are not ALONE!

GOD IS ON YOUR SIDE — GOD is on your side! — God IS on your side! — God is ON your side! — God is on YOUR side! — God is on your SIDE!

JESUS IS THE PRINCE OF PEACE and without Him, there is no peace. With Jesus in my life, first as my Saviour and Redeemer, then as my Shepherd, my Guide, my Lord, my All in All, He gives me peace as I trust Him day by day.

Peace begins with Jesus in our hearts - and one by one, with Jesus in our heart, we have peace with one another. We need to spread the word from John Chapter 14 verse 27 Jesus says, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

"